Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell 4+
Mindful reminders for your day
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Propel your mindfulness practice from the cushion into the world. Modeled after a practice in Buddhist monasteries, Mindfulness Bells are a powerful practice to remind you of your intention to be mindful. Activate the Mindfulness Bell and it sends you gentle reminders randomly throughout the day.
Turn it on, then as you're going about your day, a bell and notification will remind you to be mindful of what you're doing at a random intervals between half an hour and an hour and a half. Great for reminding yourself of your mindfulness practice while at work, commuting, at school or wherever your life takes you.
• Get randomly timed mindfulness bells throughout the day.
• Selectively enable the default Mindfulness Messages.
• Adjust the timing of the random bell, use the slider in the settings to find the timing that's right for you (see below).
• Choose a time to automatically turn the bell off.
• Apple Watch app, let's you control the bell from your wrist.
• Temporarily mute the bell from the bell notification.
• Siri Shortcuts, turn on the mindfulness bell on or off from the Shortcuts app.
Available via in app purchase:
• Schedule repeating Quiet Hours that will mute the bell when you know you'll be busy.
• Create custom Mindfulness Messages.
• Use your calendar to automatically mute the bell while you're in a meeting.
Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell is a randomized bell so you can get the most out of your practice. Find out more at http://lotusbudapp.com
Make sure you're doing all you can to get your mindfulness reminders, go to http://lotusbudapp.com/support to find out more.
If you're looking for a timer to time your meditation practice check out our other app Lotus Bud Meditation Timer.
Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell now requires iOS 16 and watchOS 9
3.0.1 is a minor update with bug fixes
Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell has been completely redesigned for version 3. I’ve updated the look at feel, refined the fonts, animations and made it more useable for everyone. While the app functionality is the same, the entire thing has been modernized using the latest technologies. What this means for you is the app looks cleaner, more consistent and will be easier for me to maintain and keep delivering updates for years to come.
Plus there are new and updated features from the 3.0.0 release:
* Home screen, lock screen widgets, give you the current status of the mindfulness bell. It shows when snoozed, in a quiet hour or on and off.
* Watch complication, see the status at a glance
* Accessibility improvements
* Use Siri to control the mindfulness bell
* Run Shortcuts to control the bell
* Easily select weekends weekdays, or every day when setting up Quiet Hours
Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell is over 11 years old! It appeared as a feature in my other app Lotus Bud Meditation Timer in 2011. In 2014 I split it out into its own app. I've updated the look and added new features, but the core of the app has been the same for a long time. This summer on a whim, I started rewriting the UI and am now ready to release.
Thank you for using Lotus Bud all these years! I'm looking forward to bringing you updates for another decade to come!
Ratings and Reviews
Cynical but not anymore
I was told about Lotus Bud at the Mid Valley Pain Clinic in Salem, Oregon. I downloaded the app and then forgot about it. My second week at the clinic I was reminded to utilize the app this week and I have to say it has been amazing. It reminds me to relax and to breath. With chronic pain it is easy to have shoulders to your ears or a wince in your face without realizing it. Having reminders to check your breathing and see where you most notice it gives you awareness that reinforces the goal of controlling the reaction to the pain. I can’t control what is causing it but I can control my reaction to it. Thank you Lotus Bud
Works great tho auto shut off is annoying
This app ticks off almost all of the boxes. Simple interface, the bells work even in silent mode (the phone vibrates instead of rings), and there's a quiet period seeing.
The only gripe is that the app has to be reactivated every few days. This is actually a bigger issue than it seems for beginners like me—it's too easy to ignore or forget about the reminder to reactivate the app, so you miss out on the mindfulness reminders until the user remembers. I forgot to reactivate for a few months even.
Setting up day/night
Good during the day. But need to set up automatically for waking up & going to bed times. It will be great if it becomes the wake up alarm and says .. take your first breath and be grateful. At night take your last aware breath and say gratitude
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chad Sager
- 15.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Chad Sager
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Settings $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.