Propel your mindfulness practice from the cushion into the world. Modeled after a practice in Buddhist monasteries, Mindfulness Bells are a powerful practice to remind you of your intention to be mindful. Activate the Mindfulness Bell and it sends you gentle reminders randomly throughout the day.
Turn it on, then as you're going about your day, a bell and notification will remind you to be mindful of what you're doing at a random intervals between half an hour and an hour and a half. Great for reminding yourself of your mindfulness practice while at work, commuting, at school or wherever your life takes you.
• Get randomly timed mindfulness bells throughout the day.
• Selectively enable the default Mindfulness Messages.
• Adjust the timing of the random bell, use the slider in the settings to find the timing that's right for you (see below).
• Choose a time to automatically turn the bell off.
• Apple Watch app, let's you control the bell from your wrist.
• Temporarily mute the bell from the bell notification.
• Siri Shortcuts, turn on the mindfulness bell on or off from the Shortcuts app.
Available via in app purchase:
• Schedule repeating Quiet Hours that will mute the bell when you know you'll be busy.
• Create custom Mindfulness Messages.
• Use your calendar to automatically mute the bell while you're in a meeting.
Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell is a randomized bell so you can get the most out of your practice. Find out more at http://lotusbudapp.com
Make sure you're doing all you can to get your mindfulness reminders, go to http://lotusbudapp.com/support to find out more.
If you're looking for a timer to time your meditation practice check out our other app Lotus Bud Meditation Timer.
• Added initial support for iOS 15
New On iPad
• Added initial support for iPad OS 15
• You can scroll vertically on a trackpad to toggle the mindfulness bell
• You can scroll horizontally on the Bell Timing slider to change the bell frequency
• Added initial support for watchOS 8
• Added support for new watches
• Added label indicating mindfulness bell switch state
• Quiet Hour picker was mistakenly updates to the new picker style without updating size, reverted back to the wheel picker style
• Fix for background crash when snoozing from a notification
• Fix for crash when data no properly setup
• Better reliability in updating the mindfulness bell switch on watch
• Better rotation animation
This will likely be the last version to support iOS/iPadOS 13, and watchOS 6
Ratings and Reviews
Cynical but not anymore
I was told about Lotus Bud at the Mid Valley Pain Clinic in Salem, Oregon. I downloaded the app and then forgot about it. My second week at the clinic I was reminded to utilize the app this week and I have to say it has been amazing. It reminds me to relax and to breath. With chronic pain it is easy to have shoulders to your ears or a wince in your face without realizing it. Having reminders to check your breathing and see where you most notice it gives you awareness that reinforces the goal of controlling the reaction to the pain. I can’t control what is causing it but I can control my reaction to it. Thank you Lotus Bud
Works great tho auto shut off is annoying
This app ticks off almost all of the boxes. Simple interface, the bells work even in silent mode (the phone vibrates instead of rings), and there's a quiet period seeing.
The only gripe is that the app has to be reactivated every few days. This is actually a bigger issue than it seems for beginners like me—it's too easy to ignore or forget about the reminder to reactivate the app, so you miss out on the mindfulness reminders until the user remembers. I forgot to reactivate for a few months even.
Setting up day/night
Good during the day. But need to set up automatically for waking up & going to bed times. It will be great if it becomes the wake up alarm and says .. take your first breath and be grateful. At night take your last aware breath and say gratitude
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chad Sager
- 10.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Chad Sager
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Settings $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.