Propel your mindfulness practice from the cushion into the world. Modeled after a practice in Buddhist monasteries, Mindfulness Bells are a powerful practice to remind you of your intention to be mindful. Activate the Mindfulness Bell and it sends you gentle reminders randomly throughout the day.
Turn it on, then as you're going about your day, a bell and notification will remind you to be mindful of what you're doing at a random intervals between half an hour and an hour and a half. Great for reminding yourself of your mindfulness practice while at work, commuting, at school or wherever your life takes you.
• Get randomly timed mindfulness bells throughout the day.
• Selectively enable the default Mindfulness Messages.
• Adjust the timing of the random bell, use the slider in the settings to find the timing that's right for you (see below).
• Choose a time to automatically turn the bell off.
• Apple Watch app, let's you control the bell from your wrist.
• Temporarily mute the bell from the bell notification.
• Siri Shortcuts, turn on the mindfulness bell on or off from the Shortcuts app.
Available via in app purchase:
• Schedule repeating Quiet Hours that will mute the bell when you know you'll be busy.
• Create custom Mindfulness Messages.
• Use your calendar to automatically mute the bell while you're in a meeting.
Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell is a randomized bell so you can get the most out of your practice. Find out more at http://lotusbudapp.com
Make sure you're doing all you can to get your mindfulness reminders, go to http://lotusbudapp.com/support to find out more.
If you're looking for a timer to time your meditation practice check out our other app Lotus Bud Meditation Timer.
• Fixed a bug that would schedule a bell within if you turned on the bell while the quiet hour time period
Ratings and Reviews
Cynical but not anymore
I was told about Lotus Bud at the Mid Valley Pain Clinic in Salem, Oregon. I downloaded the app and then forgot about it. My second week at the clinic I was reminded to utilize the app this week and I have to say it has been amazing. It reminds me to relax and to breath. With chronic pain it is easy to have shoulders to your ears or a wince in your face without realizing it. Having reminders to check your breathing and see where you most notice it gives you awareness that reinforces the goal of controlling the reaction to the pain. I can’t control what is causing it but I can control my reaction to it. Thank you Lotus Bud
Works great tho auto shut off is annoying
This app ticks off almost all of the boxes. Simple interface, the bells work even in silent mode (the phone vibrates instead of rings), and there's a quiet period seeing.
The only gripe is that the app has to be reactivated every few days. This is actually a bigger issue than it seems for beginners like me—it's too easy to ignore or forget about the reminder to reactivate the app, so you miss out on the mindfulness reminders until the user remembers. I forgot to reactivate for a few months even.
Good, but stops working.
Would give five stars due to the simple interface, however it stops notifying me after a few days. I have to go into the app and turn the switch off, then back on to start receiving notifications again. I didn’t notice until it hadn’t reminded me for eight hours.
- Chad Sager
- 34.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Chad Sager
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Settings $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.