LOWERLANDER is the sequel to Flat Black's 2015 acclaimed retro-rpg, Lowlander!
Thanks for TouchArcade for naming Lowlander II: Lowerlander one of the top 100 iOS games of 2017!
Yarak means business. She ain't got time for you! Get that armor on- there's adventuring to be done!
Generations after the mighty LOWLANDER vanquished the nefarious Azamon, a new villain has arisen. The evil enchantress, YARAK! The realm needs a new hero -- will you be the one?
Styled after the early Ultima games from Richard Garriott, Lowerlander will make your 27" iMac feel like an Apple II+. That's a good thing! Plus, Lowlander's new sibling packs the same one-handed portrait-style gameplay that sensible people prefer!
TouchArcade had this to say about the first one’s shameless imitation of Ultima II: “4.5 stars ... Lowlander is an interesting case, because it's not often that a game paying direct homage to a classic is actually better than said classic.” Unquestionably undeserved, but that’s high praise!
- glorious retro-RPG action
- over 16 hours of minimalist adventure
- explore a huge world, gain experience and rise in power
- delve into dark dungeons for loot and riches
- three save-game slots
- save games to the cloud and download them later or to another device
- no in-app purchases. buy once, own forever
- special spell and environmental effects
- OVER 8 colors
- realistic moving water and lava
- fixed IJKL keyboard crashing bug
Ratings and Reviews
GET THIS GAME! Don’t let the simple graphics fool you! This is a top quality adventure game, and the interface is really playable— It’s all very well thought out and put together, made in the style of the great Ultima-game series. Takes at least 20 hours to beat, and the quests are all fun and original. Play Lowlander I first, though! It’s also amazing.
Fatastic Retro Adventure Game
I played the first one and love it so much I had to play this one too and it’s well worth the price.
The programming is solid, and I never had an issue with bugs or crashes.
The plot of the game is fun and works well and reminded me a lot of the early Ultima games, again, but with a bigger world than the first game. They also do a great job of making the world feel open while keepiung you railed in a bit so you have to complete some major quests before you can open up other parts of the world, and they even tossed in a nice moral quandry…
I sincerely hope they bookend this series with a #3 and it gets released soon!
- Flat Black Films
- 14.7 MB
OS X 10.6 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Copyright 2017 Flat Black Films
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.