Cornerstone of Cultural Competency During the Disaster Cycle addresses the 4 phases of the disaster cycle and include:
• Community/public models and theories empower nurses to assist diverse citizens to navigate through the health care system utilizing the skills of communication, collaboration, negotiation, delegation, coordination, and evaluation of interdisciplinary work and, the application of evidence-based practice models in times of disaster.
• The nursing process to culturally diverse individuals, families, aggregates/populations to promote health and wellbeing as well as collects, summarizes and interprets information relevant to disasters.
• Discussions on the meaning of cultural diversity and its significance for vulnerable populations.
• Linking culture, health beliefs and health practices.
• Understanding the relationship between ethnicity and healthcare disparities in disasters.
This unique program can be purchased to increase individual knowledge without continuing education credit using the app, or through the following web link for continuing education credit. If the entire program is purchased through the app store, a discount will be considered for continuing education credit. Proof of purchase will be required. For more information, please contact https://nursing.lsuhsc.edu/ContinuingEducation/
- Louisiana State University
- 630.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2018 Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, represented by its LSU Health Sciences Center – New Orleans ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.