A full-featured Halachic monthly calendar application for the Jewish woman.
It helps a Jewish wife or Kallah keep track of her personal dates, patterns, prohibition times, Mikvah scheduling, and everything else that need to be observed for the laws of Niddah.
Luach shows when a "Hefsek Tahara" can be done, the Mikvah can be attended, and keeps track of the seven days of purity, "the Shiva Neki'im".
Luach can schedule system reminder notifications for Hefsek Tarahas, Bedikahs, Mikvah and problematic dates that need to be observed.
Luach does a full Halachic analysis of all the information, and is able to automatically calculate patterns ("Vesset Kavuah") and any problematic dates that need to be observed.
Many Halachic opinions are accommodated, and all the Halachic specifications that Luach uses for its calculations can be fully customized.
Luach also functions as a Zmanim calendar, and includes a full set of daily Zmanim for anywhere in the world. This includes candle-lighting times, sedra of the week, all holidays and fasts, Zman Kriat Shma, and many, many others.
It also includes an event and occasion manager to keep track of birthdays, Yahrtzeits, special dates and appointments etc.
Luach stores all its information locally on your device and does not transmit this information to anyone.
The private information that you enter into Luach can also be protected with a PIN number. The PIN can be set from the Settings Screen.
Luach comes with a built in help system which explains in detail all it's features and Halachic specifications.
You can view Luach's comprehensive documentation online at https://www.compute.co.il/luach/app/.
We would GREATLY appreciate feedback about any issues you encounter or about how you feel that we can improve Luach.
We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 732-707-7307.
Luach's source code is open source, and can be accessed at https://github.com/cbsom/LuachAndroid.
* Added system notification reminders. Reminders can be added for Hefsek Tahara, Bedikahs, Mikvah and "flagged dates".
* Upon first launch, the app now tries to do an educated guess as to the correct halachic location location based on the device time zone name.
* Fixed issue with help files navigation
* Fixed issue with incorrect Sedra of the week in Chutz La'aretz.
* When the Torah portion is that of Yom tov, the sedra of the week is no longer shown.
* Removed location from Home Screen.
* Changed default initial location from Jerusalem to Lakewood NJ
* Upgraded the find location results list
* Removed the auto-focus from find location search text box
* Fixed the zman of magen avraham
* Fixed some issues where halachic sunset can be after after 12 midnight.
* Expanded the options for candle lighting times for new locations.
* Enhanced the ability to add, remove and edit existing locations.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is totally unreliable and must be immediately redone! Non Hebrew or Civil dates are shown correctly! What’s going on? Why on earth civil date changes after darkness and Hebrew at 12am??? Today is Sunday Feb 18. Calendar shows tomorrow is Tuesday Feb 20!!! Where is Feb 19???? What are you smoking there guys???
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.