The Luma Surveillance app makes it easy to check on what matters – anytime, anywhere. Watch live video, easily search, play back, and save recordings, or take a snapshot all from your tablet or mobile device.
• One unified app for all Luma products – including both NVRs and DVRs
• Enjoy crystal-clear live viewing of a single or split screen (4, 9, or 16 channels simultaneously) in both portrait and landscape modes with convenient pinch to zoom
• Switch between high or standard resolution depending on your remote connection
• Customize your grid views for multi-device management – Drag and drop cameras where you’d like them, even across multiple DVRs/NVRs
• Easily scan timeline and playback to find recordings and events
• Instantly capture snapshots or record videos with a tap of your finger
• Add snapshots and video to your photo library for safe keeping or to share with family, friends, or colleagues
• Listen or speak to whoever is on the other end (Audio support varies by camera model)
• Remotely control pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras
• Swipe to quickly and easily switch between cameras
- Added sorting feature on Device List
- LumaLink performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Disaster from start to finish
Builder-retained company installed cameras and Luma was their product of choice. Day 1 the app that runs them crashes everyime the cameras are accessed. (iOS 11x.) In addition to setting up port fowarding, we had to install the Luma VMS for Mac for cofiguration, because the app doesnt work with the WiFi while at home (seriously, home is WiFi). Developer didn’t update Mac software for months which meant yet another service call. Now playback is unavailable, presumably the onboard SD cards (only records 96 anyway) in the cameras are fried *again*—because solid state in summer heat is foreseable and bad recommedation. Done with this product and app.
If you still have a choice, go elsewhere, instead of finding out after invoicing that LUMA is your moneypit. Seriously, your installer’s choice of LUMA is a red flag to find a new system and a new security system consultant.
Terrible product – avoid at all costs
You would think that in the 2020’s it would be fairly simple to come up with an app that connects a house-mounted camera to your phone, tablet or laptop. You’d be wrong! My AV contractor recommended this product and it is a complete disaster. No way to figure out how to sign in to it; once you are in the connection maybe lasts a day or two; good luck trying to figure out how to reconnect to it; and in the rare moments when it is connected the interface is so clunky I can barely see what’s going on, and good luck trying to review activity over the last day or so. I paid a lot of money for this product and it has yielded nothing but frustration. Am going back to my off-the-shelf Nest cams.
It works, but only using cellular data
This is so bad. The app has some other relatively stupid functionality quirks, but if you figure them out you can get around it - such as trying to set the beginning time for a playback. But the most annoying thing is that if I’m sitting in my house and I want to access my cameras, I have to disconnect from my Wi-Fi. What? Wi-Fi should be the BEST solution not a solution that isn’t even available. With so many bad reviews, the dev team needs to take this seriously and revamp the entire app. There’s other solutions out there… heck Nest is a fraction of the cost and works almost flawlessly.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wirepath Home Systems, LLC
- 26.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Wirepath Home Systems, LLC