Welcome to the #1 multitrack mobile video editing app. A professional and intuitive storytelling environment will inspire you to craft your story wherever you are, from the mountain top to the living room. Recapture the magic of storytelling and the joy of editing!
“When it comes to editing video on an iOS device, LumaFusion has no equal.” - MacWorld
“If you have ever dreamed of editing videos on the iPad (or iPhone), or if you have the slightest passing interest in doing so, you need to own LumaFusion.” - 9to5Mac
“From aspect ratios to frame rates, you get full control over every aspect of your projects… this has just about everything power users are going to need.” - Gizmodo
Included in the one time purchase:
• Use 6 video/audio tracks
• Use 6 additional audio tracks
• Edit with the enhanced magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
• Display track headers for locking, hiding, and muting tracks
• Use preset transitions or create your own
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Cut, copy, paste in your timeline and between projects using Multiselect
• Layer effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
• Stabilize videos with integrated Lock and Load Stabilizer
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Animate with unlimited keyframes
• Save and share effect presets
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video
• Fine tune audio perfectly with the Graphic EQ
• Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
• Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
• Isolate tracks on multiple track files
• Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add third-party audio plugins
• Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts
• Save and share title presets
• Create endless projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
• Create projects for editing iPhone and iPad screen recordings
• Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
• Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag
• Use media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io
• Edit direct from USB-C drives
• Import media: cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand and SMB network drives
• Use for free: dozens of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds
• View detailed metadata for your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag
• Sort and search to quickly find what you need
• Easily share movies with control over resolution, quality, and format
• Create a snapshot of any frame
• Archive projects for backup or edit on another device
• Subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of music and clips
• Export to Final Cut Pro (FCPXML) for further editing on the desktop
EXCEPTIONAL FREE SUPPORT
• Access in-app help and online tutorials to get you started and keep you going
• Explore our full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact our friendly support with direct access to our editing experts at https://luma-touch.com/support
• Startup crash on M1 Macs in previous version
• Undo not working properly in clip editor
• Imported fonts could be deleted on app restart
• Incorrect seeks in some cases when using ProRes media in the timeline
• Apple ProRes support! Use Apple ProRes 422, 422LT, 422HQ, 422 Proxy, and 4444 (with transparency) in LumaFusion projects. This feature is available on iPad Pro models with USB-C connectors and some newer iPhone models.
• Apple ProRes export! Export Apple ProRes 422, 422LT, 422HQ and 4444 (with transparency). This feature is available on iPad Pro models with USB-C connectors.
• Please check out our FAQs at https://luma-touch.com/support for latest information and important notes on using Apple ProRes in LumaFusion.
• Many more great iOS 15 features are coming in future updates.
• Crash on import of some project archives
• Arrow key shortcuts don't work correctly in iOS 15
• Chroma Key not working correctly in iOS 15
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support.
Ratings and Reviews
Latest Update Broke the App!!
Great update, guys!....NOT. Now the app keeps immediately crashing, as soon as it opens! I click the icon, to start app. I pull in 2 short videos to edit them together. I try to link them, before editing, and the app appears to just shut down. I restart app. It does it again. I try it again....same thing, but I then notice that it doesn’t completely close. It looks like it’s running in the background, as I see the app screen/window, when I double click home button (on iPad Pro.) I completely close the app out, (there are no other apps open) and click icon to start it again. It does the same thing..appears to close, (My home screen wallpaper is on screen) but I see the app is running in the background, as seen by once again double clicking home button. I completely close app out, again, and this time completely shut down the iPad, and restart it. Try to open app once more..surprise, it does the same thing as before...shuts down to background! The app is now totally unusable! It stays open for about 2 seconds each time I open it, and then crashes/app window disappears, as if it closed, but is running in background, and if I click on the app window to bring it up again, it just keeps doing the same thing! The app had been working fine, before I installed the latest update. What now?????
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the issues. Yesterday we released an update that should resolve the problems you encountered. Please update to the latest and let us know if you still experience issues. If you do, please email us at email@example.com and we'll help find a solution.
Audio Keeps Clipping
(I use the iPad Pro 2018 and both the iPad and the app's software are up to date)
I've been having problems with the audio in my videos.
I thought it was just this one song i was trying to use at first but after trying several different songs, sound effects and other types of audio files, I keep having the same problem. The audio sounds fine when I'm editing in the app but every time i save a video to my camera roll I notice clipping in the audio when i listen to it. I've tried downloading the video with the volume turned down lower on every audio file in the video, I've tried downloading the video in different Audio Quality's but nothing to works. The only way I've gotten the audio to sound good is if i save the video with no audio, go into iMovie and edit in the audio in, then save that video. This makes things very difficult and annoying for me considering that most videos i create are music videos and/or videos with lots of sound effects. So if someone's got some advice or knows how to help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we apologize for the frustrations. Try going into your 'Help and Settings', then tap on "Preferences," then scroll down to where it says, "Prefer Alternate Export." Turn off that switch. Now try to export again - did that fix the audio issues? If you need further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Audio syncing issues, WD Passport support is unusable
I've used LumaFusion for about 5 months as my editing app of choice and have generally been ok with the intricacies, but while editing my latest video I found the straw that broke this camel's back (pun intended...read on). While overall things work well enough to get a decent edit done, when I went back to start adding music I found that every time I hit play the music starts from a different point in the song. As such it's impossible to edit to the beat when the beat changes every time, and from what I'm reading I'm not the only one who is experiencing this issue. Another different, non-deal breaker, yet still super annoying issue is the WD Passport support, or should I say lack thereof. While they advertise that you can edit directly from the drive and it'll only download the necessary footage, in practice the connection is so slow that its completely unuable. Not sure if this is an issue with the drive or LumaFusion. As such I've resorted back to just copying footage from the drive to a PNY lightning/USB flash drive then copying from there to my iPad. It's time consuming but it works and once the footage is on the iPad I can edit like normal without waiting for it to buffer. In the end I'm giving up on trying to travel light and still get edits done on the road and will be packing my laptop from now on so I can use a real video editor and save my sanity at the expense of my back. Bon Voyage.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luma Touch LLC
- 177.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.4.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.4.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.4.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly $69.99
- FCPXML Export $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.