Welcome to the App Store’s “App of the Year” for 2021 and the recipient of the Editors’ Choice Award, for video editors and storytellers. LumaFusion is the gold standard for storytellers around the world with a fluid, intuitive, elegant, award-winning touch-screen editing experience. A video editor inspired by, and specifically designed and engineered for touch.
Introducing LumaFusion Multicam Studio!
Multicam Editing reimagined for the touch experience.
Multicam Studio quickly syncs up to 6 media sources into a single track and makes the switching process almost too enjoyable. You focus on the story and Multicam will take care of the rest.
Multicam Studio is now available as an in-app, one-time purchase, integrating seamlessly with LumaFusion.
• 6 video/audio or graphic tracks
• 6 additional audio tracks
• Professional editing with magnetic timeline, insert/overwrite, link/unlink clips + locking, hiding, and muting tracks
• Choose from dozens of transitions
• Preview on an External Monitor using AirPlay or HDMI
• Add markers and notes
• Cut, copy, paste clips in your timeline and between timelines
• Layered effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
• Lock and Load Video Stabilizer
• Powerful color correction tools
• Color LUT presets like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Unlimited keyframes to animate effects
• Save and share effect presets
• Speed FX: Slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Edit with time-lapse video or high framerate video
• Fine tune with Graphic EQ, NEW Parametric EQ, NEW voice isolation and more.
• Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
• Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
• Isolate tracks on multiple track files
• Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add third-party audio plugins
• Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts
• Save and share title presets
• Create endless projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including 16:9 landscape, 9:16 portrait, square, widescreen film, anamorphic and more)
• Create projects for editing iPhone and iPad screen recordings
• Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
• Duplicate, add notes, and color-tag
• Archive projects for backup
• Use media directly from Photos, Frame.io and USB-C drives
• Import media: cloud storage and SMB network drives
• Enjoy Storyblocks for LumaFusion, a collection of royalty free music, SFX, and clips (subscription available)
• View detailed metadata, rename, add notes, and color tag
• Sort and search to quickly find media
• Easily share movies and control the resolution, quality, and format
• Create still frame snapshots
• Send projects to edit on another device
• Full ProRes editing and export (on compatible devices)
• NEW: Get Multicam Studio for syncing and cutting multiple angles (one-time purchase)
• Subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of music and clips
• Export to Final Cut Pro (FCPXML) for further editing on the desktop (one-time purchase)
EXCEPTIONAL FREE SUPPORT
• Access in-app help and online tutorials
• Explore our reference guide at luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact our friendly support editing experts at luma-touch.com/support
• Issue with used-media ranges not showing properly in Photos library
• Insert-to-main not working when main track is in overwrite mode
• Video-with-alpha export not working in some cases
• Crash when dragging all multicam video clips from a group
• Crash in Storyblocks dispute claim form
• Crash when selecting additional photos with limited Photos access
• Improved stability and performance throughout LumaFusion
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at lumatouch.co/support
Ratings and Reviews
Wherever you are on your filmmaking journey, LumaFusion meets you there. This multitrack video editor offers pros the features rarely found in an iPad app, all accessible through an intuitive touch interface that even beginners can get the hang of.
This app is extremely powerful! One thing I would recommend…
This app is powerful, the amount of stuff you can do on it still surprises me, and I’ve had it for a little over 2 years. I find Luma easy to use and fun to work with, I’ve even done stuff on Luma that you wouldn’t even think of doing on just a video editing app. I have used it for editing photos, compressing videos for faster transferring speeds, I even pared it up with Procreate and made a cool little cartoon animation! It’s truly powerful.
If I were to recommend something to the creators of Luma Fusion I would say if you guys can add more editing layers. 6 layers for video plus another 6 for audio is good enough for a high quality edit, but if you figured out a way to add double or even triple the amount for just the video side, you would by far would have the most powerful editing software for iOS and iPad OS. With that many editing layers you can make complex animations with great quality. I understand the limitations of older iPhones and iPads but if you made it a feature for the M1 and M2 lineup of iPads, you would be far ahead of any video editing software on the AppStore platform. Anyways thank you for making a really solid video editing software!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for choosing LumaFusion all those years ago and taking the time to leave us a fantastic review. Creativity and ingenuity seem to be a common trait amongst LumaFusion editors and they continue to wow us with their edits. In fact, it sounds like you've got some worth while videos in the vault. Have you shared them with us on social media? We love to share an editor's work and want to see some of your content, if we haven't already.
As for more tracks, we've rekindled that conversation recently. You guessed it, the power leap with Apple Silicon has us plotting. We don't have anything to reveal other than we know it's a hot feature and it's on our mind. First, we do need to finish what's already been cooking for a while; if you haven't heard, get ready for Multicam Studio.
Thanks again for the purchase and positive review, it helps us pay the bills and keep development moving. Have fun with your next edit!
Audio Keeps Clipping
(I use the iPad Pro 2018 and both the iPad and the app's software are up to date)
I've been having problems with the audio in my videos.
I thought it was just this one song i was trying to use at first but after trying several different songs, sound effects and other types of audio files, I keep having the same problem. The audio sounds fine when I'm editing in the app but every time i save a video to my camera roll I notice clipping in the audio when i listen to it. I've tried downloading the video with the volume turned down lower on every audio file in the video, I've tried downloading the video in different Audio Quality's but nothing to works. The only way I've gotten the audio to sound good is if i save the video with no audio, go into iMovie and edit in the audio in, then save that video. This makes things very difficult and annoying for me considering that most videos i create are music videos and/or videos with lots of sound effects. So if someone's got some advice or knows how to help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we apologize for the frustrations. Try going into your 'Help and Settings', then tap on "Preferences," then scroll down to where it says, "Prefer Alternate Export." Turn off that switch. Now try to export again - did that fix the audio issues? If you need further assistance, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luma Touch LLC
- 203.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 14.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly $69.99
- Multicam Studio $19.99
- FCPXML Export $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.