The most popular mobile video editing app for iOS is now better than ever!
LumaFusion offers powerful features and an elegant UI. The simple-start timeline gives new users an intuitive head start, and professionals will find all the powerful features they need.
Tutorials, overlay help in the app, and a detailed user guide will get you started and keep you going. Our friendly support gives you direct access to our editing experts.
• Create projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
• Create projects for editing iPhone and iPad screen recordings
• Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
• Duplicate, add notes, color-tag, search and sort your projects for easy organization
• Browse and use media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io
• Drag-and-drop or import from anywhere, including cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand flash drives and SMB network drives
• Use for free - dozens of royalty-free music, loops, sound fx, videos and backgrounds OR subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of thousands clips.
• View detailed metadata for your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag clips in the library
• Sort and search your library to quickly find what you need
• 6 video/audio tracks for photos, videos, audio, titles and graphics
• 6 additional audio tracks for narration, music and sound effects
• Magnetic timeline with extended features such as insert/overwrite and link/unlink clip
• Track headers for locking, hiding, and muting all tracks
• Dozens of transitions
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Powerful multi-select with cut, copy, paste in and between projects
• Layer effects including chroma key, blurs, distort, styles and color in any order to create an endless variety of effects.
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Add unlimited keyframes to animate any effect or color
• Save and share effect presets
SLOW AND FAST MOTION
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video files
• Keyframe audio levels and panning for perfect mixes
• Listen to your mix while adjusting track levels
• Fill-from-left and fill-from-right for dual-mono audio captures
• Select tracks from multiple track files (perfect for screen recordings)
• Duck background music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add audio filters and EQ
• Create multi-layer titles with text, shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts including multi-color fonts
• Save and share title presets or styles
• Easily share movies anywhere with control over resolution, compression quality, and format
• Snapshot a photo of any frame in your project to the Photos app
• Archive projects + media for backup or to edit on another iPhone or iPad
• Export to Final Cut Pro X (FCPXML) for further editing on the desktop (FCPXML Export is an additional in-app purchase feature)
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
• Full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support
• Chroma Key edge blur radius was not working.
• Chroma Key could produce different results with older projects on some clips.
• Storyblocks was not listing cleared songs at the top of the results.
• Still images on overlay tracks could produce a 'ghost' across the background.
• We've returned the Chroma Key and Luma Key presets to make things easy.
- To change the key color, tap on the dropper icon, then drag the magnifier over the color in your image you want to key.
• When you upload projects with Storyblocks clips to YouTube, we automatically approve your channel so that Storyblocks will resolve most copyright claims automatically within 30 minutes.
• If a Storyblocks copyright claim is not automatically resolved, we've included an easy direct way to dispute the claim from the app. More information at https://luma-touch.com/support.
• Improved stability and performance
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The iPhone X is my primary computer. I’m a photographer and musician. I make music videos for myself and fashion films for others. I have used Lumafusion on iPhone 7 to make long 45min to 1hour and sometimes longer vlogs. I have tried to make slideshows with less than half second frames of 24 megapixel images on my iPad 2017 and that has run into problems likely due to how demanding and atypical of a task that could be. I have made music videos with 1080p or 720p 60fps footage from my Nikon D7100 and more modest slideshows with cut down to 8 megapixel images that last a second or longer into videos 1min30seconds with slight freezing, but valid export. Long story short: if you love working on the go this app is amazing and will help you do that. On older devices there are some shortcomings, but if you have any device in the iPhone X series or 2018 iPads and forward you are good! Even for 4K which I haven’t worked on extensively just yet. On iPhone 7 and forward: great! iPad 2017: except for the high res photo setback: great. iPhone 6S which is similar in power to the iPad 2017 should be good. Any other device that is older may have differences in speed, but push through any limitations and just have fun creating! Just tell stories! ❤️🎬 Power at your fingertips
note: I and other users had problems with a certain version approx July 2018 in which audio would lose sync during export and they released an update that fixed it :)
Developer Response ,
Hi Brandon, I'm not sure if you have contacted support, but please do. We would like to work closely with you to resolve the issue. email@example.com Thank you!
Latest Update Broke the App!!
Great update, guys!....NOT. Now the app keeps immediately crashing, as soon as it opens! I click the icon, to start app. I pull in 2 short videos to edit them together. I try to link them, before editing, and the app appears to just shut down. I restart app. It does it again. I try it again....same thing, but I then notice that it doesn’t completely close. It looks like it’s running in the background, as I see the app screen/window, when I double click home button (on iPad Pro.) I completely close the app out, (there are no other apps open) and click icon to start it again. It does the same thing..appears to close, (My home screen wallpaper is on screen) but I see the app is running in the background, as seen by once again double clicking home button. I completely close app out, again, and this time completely shut down the iPad, and restart it. Try to open app once more..surprise, it does the same thing as before...shuts down to background! The app is now totally unusable! It stays open for about 2 seconds each time I open it, and then crashes/app window disappears, as if it closed, but is running in background, and if I click on the app window to bring it up again, it just keeps doing the same thing! The app had been working fine, before I installed the latest update. What now?????
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the issues. Yesterday we released an update that should resolve the problems you encountered. Please update to the latest and let us know if you still experience issues. If you do, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help find a solution.
Good, but pricey... and needs some new features!
I’ve been using Luma for well over a year now, and I must say it’s very good. The best mobile editor there is! But the price is just a little too high. It’s smooth and easy to use, and you’ll hardly have any issues with it. However, I will say one thing: the chroma key isn’t too good. It’s a little sloppy and you simply can’t get rid of the color completely, so I’d recommend using iMovie or something if you want a more seamless chroma key. Otherwise, it’s pretty perfect. I do have a few suggestions for features though! I think you guys should add sort of a radial blur / bokeh (like the zoom effect but just a blur instead + a bokeh effect), an option for automatically smooth key frames (for people who can’t animate very well), and some audio effects! Like an echo, reverb, etc. Maybe also a drop shadow option for non-text elements? Like a drop shadow for an image or something. There’s already some techniques for that, but it would be a great feature nonetheless! Maybe also add some sort of grainy / television static-y visual effect and maybe some sort of weather / natural effects / overlays like rain, snow, fire, leaves falling, etc. I genuinely think some of these features could make this app muuuch much better than it already is!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We are aware that e could improve our chroma key feature.
We do have blur effects located under the Color & Effects editor, please look into those! Using a combination of Color & Effects and the Frame & Fit editor can produce powerful visual effects.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luma Touch LLC
- 160.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly $69.99
- FCPXML Export $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.