Super Powers For Your Eyes!
Lumin is an electronic magnifying glass for your iPhone or iPod. Not only does it magnify items, it can also keep a running history of images and can save or share these images with your friends via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Locked images can be magnified 10 times, or even more with ideal lighting, and can also be automatically mirrored to your Dropbox account.
Lumin also controls the camera flash on your device, so you can illuminate and magnify dark, hard-to-reach places with ease.
- a set of high-resolution reading glasses, with you wherever you take your iPhone
- a versatile magnifying glass with the ability to lock a magnified image
- a quick-capture camera that does not store images to your library unless you choose to
- a quick-share mechanism for sending captured images via email, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
For such a simple utility, the uses you’ll find for Lumin are endless:
- read restaurant menus with ease, even in low light
- read and share wine bottle labels
- zoom the fine print on contracts
- grab the serial number - in the dark - on the back of that cable box
- check your teeth, or makeup
- capture quick images you don’t want in your photo library, but do want to send somewhere
- look bugs in the eye
- see what’s under the couch, or the seat of your car
- send a close-up of your kid’s bruise to the doc
Your imagination is the limit!
* use of the camera flash/torch is limited to iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s models.
NOTE: Make sure you try a zoom gesture to see the magnifying power of Lumin! You can double-tap, or do a pinch-out to zoom in. Pinch, or two-finger tap to zoom out. Locking gets you even more magnification!
New app extension: Lumin Magnify!
Ratings and Reviews
Surprisingly elegant & useful tiny footprint
Reviews I see so far seem to be the developer and friends and one troll. I've nothing to do w. the developer and I'm not a troll. Honest review: the UI is apple-like: intuitive, simple, easy to master in about 2 minutes. It allows MAGNIFICATION substantially higher than camera view allows but of course the RESOLUTION is fixed by the hardware. So at some level of zoom the image isn't useful. But it's the zoom BEYOND what you can do in camera view up to hardware resolution limitations that provides a meaningful new use-case so that is clever, and truly well executed. Nice extra touches include freeze image, take picture, share picture, turn on flash, and use of front facing camera too. Again VERY thoughtfully put together, and it's not trying to do 50 things. It basically does 1 thing and it does it very well. At just over 4 megabytes its a tiny tiny app so no worries using up memory. I like it a lot. Kudos to the developer very nice job indeed.
Can be a valuable assistant
I bought this a couple days ago "just in case." Within 24 hours, it paid for itself. I downloaded instructions off the internet on how to program a remote. After printing it, it was reduced to a size so small, I couldn't read the codes for the devices which I would need to use to program the remote. So I fired up Lumin and zoomed in to the codes. I turned the light on and there they were. Easy to read. I then quickly finished the programming task. Very easy to use and effective app.
Handy App and Great App Support
I sometimes forget my glasses in my backpack. I don't use Lumin often but love it when I need it. I recently opened the app and got an error saying it cannot use back camera. I tried switching camera and the app closes. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I emailed App Support and got a quick response. For some reason (probably an iOS update), the permission to use camera was switched off. 👍🏽 Thank you App Support.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.