Name: Lumos StepUp English & Math Practice
Lumos StepUp™ is a unique standards-aligned free educational app that helps students master Math and English Language Arts Skills. It is designed to help students succeed on state standardized tests and at school. The app offers innovative and flexible study resources to suit each student’s learning style.
If you have subscribed to the Lumos Learning StepUp program, you can access your Student Portal via this app and get convenient access to learning resources on your mobile device.
Key Features of the Lumos StepUp App:
- High-quality Learning Content: Practice tests and workbooks developed by expert teachers
- Lumos EdSearch: Standards-aligned search engine built to discover thousands of learning resources
- Lumos Assistant: A friendly AI powered personal learning assistant to help you with your homework.
- Standardized Test Practice: PARCC, Smarter Balanced, ACT Aspire, NYST, FSA, GMAS, OST, iLearn, MO MAP, TNReady, MS MAAP, CMAS, MCAS, LEAP
- Numerical Drills: To help improve your arithmetic skills
- 15 Tech-enhanced Item Types:
Select & Highlight
Hot Text - Drag
MCSA - Inline
MCMA - Inline
Multiple Choice - Single Answer
Multiple Choice - Multiple Answers
Extended Constructed Response
Drop-Down - Equation Completion
Drag & Drop
Scan & Learn: Allows students to scan a part of a reading passage, an image, an object, etc to pull up sample questions and additional learning resources on the topic.
Pic & Learn: Get information from almost any picture..from famous buildings to people.
Math concepts covered:
- Measurement & Data
- Number and Operations – Fractions
- Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Ratio and Proportional Relationships
- The Number System
- Expressions and Equations
- Statistics and Probability
ELA concepts covered:
- Reading Standards for Literature
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Writing Standards
- Language Standards
The improved app has more refined user interface that is kid-friendly and engaging. Instant notifications for students to get access to remedial practice and additional practice resources or when the teacher/parent assigns a new practice session.
1. Customizing the videos based on the Student activity
2. Daily mobile notification for Students
3. Introduced new Lumos Assistant accessibility for log-in user.
4. Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Answer selection problem
I am not able to select the answer I want to choose for the questions. I have tried tapping the lightbulb icons multiple ways, but I usually have to settle for a different response because the app absolutely won't let me pick the one I want. My iPad is new. I don't have this issue with any other app.
I also don't understand the importance of logging in.
Powerful app for learning and test prep
I was pleasantly surprised to find tons of learning resources that are under the hood of this app. My kid is loving the scan and learn feature!
This app has some great questions for kids, but not enough maintainence. After doing one of the full tests, my daughter got 6 wrong. Lunos Step Up gave her 13%, and said she got 6 right out of 43 questions. I love this app, but wish it dould fix that problem.
- LUMOS INFORMATION SERVICE
- 44.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 Lumos Learning
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.