Lungo prevents your computer from falling asleep and your screen from dimming.
This can be useful when:
- Doing a presentation at work.
- Watching YouTube videos in non-fullscreen mode.
- Cooking and having the recipe open on your computer.
- Reading a long article without scrolling.
- Using the screen to view live stats.
- Monitoring progress on a long-running task.
- Right-click the menu bar icon to quickly activate.
- Choose to activate with left-click instead in the settings.
- Choose to activate at launch in the settings.
- Allow the display to sleep in the settings.
- Set the default duration in the settings, which is used when Lungo is activated by clicking the menu bar icon.
- Custom keyboard shortcut to activate/deactivate Lungo.
- Deactivate automatically when disconnecting the power adapter (opt-in).
- Shortcuts support.
- Control Lungo from scripts or the terminal. (See the website for more info)
Important: Lungo will not prevent your computer from sleeping if you close the lid. This is a Mac App Store limitation. Lungo is also not able to prevent a scheduled sleep, enabled in the battery system settings.
Support: Click the “Send Feedback” button in the app or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved compatibility with the upcoming macOS version.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, does exactly what it says
This app does exactly what it says, and what I wanted, a way to quickly prevent my Mac from going into sleep mode for a certain duration of time. I wanted something like Caffeine, but more up-to-date and this fit the bill. No issues, happy user.
I use this app all the time. Its simple to use, works every time, and has a charming animation that plays when active. 10/10 no notes.
Display won’t sleep if lungo is active
I have set my displays to turn off after 10 minutes in Energy Saver. If I manually activate the screensaver and don’t deactivate Lungo then my displays never turn off. I’ve used Caffeine in the past and this was never an issue. I had reached out to Lungo Support over a month ago but never received a response.
Developer Response ,
I seemed to have missed your email before. Sorry about that. Lungo now has a preference to let the display sleep.
It would be amazing if you would be willing to update your review. 🙏
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sindre Sorhus
- 4 MB
- Requires macOS 13.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sindre Sorhus
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.