Lungo prevents your Mac from falling asleep and your screen from dimming.
This can be useful when:
- Doing a presentation at work.
- Watching YouTube videos in non-fullscreen mode.
- Cooking and having the recipe open on your computer.
- Reading a long article without scrolling.
- Using the screen to view live stats.
- Monitoring progress on a long-running task.
- Right-click the menu bar icon to quickly activate.
- Choose to activate with left-click instead in the Preferences.
- Choose to activate at launch in the Preferences.
- Allow the display to sleep in the Preferences.
- Set the default duration in the Preferences, which is used when Lungo is activated by clicking the menu bar icon.
- Control Lungo from scripts or the terminal. (See the website for more info)
Important: Lungo will not prevent your Mac from sleeping if you close the lid. This is a Mac App Store limitation.
- Added a “Pause While Screen Is Locked” preference which makes Lungo pause when the screen is locked. When the screen is unlocked, Lungo will continue where it left off. This can be useful when you're on battery and you want the computer to be able to sleep when you lock the screen.
- Fixed the “Dim Icon When Deactivated” preference not working in some cases.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, does exactly what it says
This app does exactly what it says, and what I wanted, a way to quickly prevent my Mac from going into sleep mode for a certain duration of time. I wanted something like Caffeine, but more up-to-date and this fit the bill. No issues, happy user.
Display won’t sleep if lungo is active
I have set my displays to turn off after 10 minutes in Energy Saver. If I manually activate the screensaver and don’t deactivate Lungo then my displays never turn off. I’ve used Caffeine in the past and this was never an issue. I had reached out to Lungo Support over a month ago but never received a response.
Developer Response ,
I seemed to have missed your email before. Sorry about that. Lungo now has a preference to let the display sleep.
It would be amazing if you would be willing to update your review. 🙏
Minimal and solid
The little warm humidity animation makes my day everytime I click it. I use this taking notes in class and doing homework all the time. Always glad to support Sindre.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.