Lungo prevents your computer from falling asleep and your screen from dimming.
This can be useful when:
- Doing a presentation at work.
- Watching YouTube videos in non-fullscreen mode.
- Cooking and having the recipe open on your computer.
- Reading a long article without scrolling.
- Using the screen to view live stats.
- Monitoring progress on a long-running task.
- Right-click the menu bar icon to quickly activate.
- Choose to activate with left-click instead in the Preferences.
- Choose to activate at launch in the Preferences.
- Allow the display to sleep in the Preferences.
- Set the default duration in the Preferences, which is used when Lungo is activated by clicking the menu bar icon.
- Custom keyboard shortcut to activate/deactivate Lungo.
- Deactivate automatically when disconnecting the power adapter (opt-in).
- Shortcuts support.
- Control Lungo from scripts or the terminal. (See the website for more info)
Important: Lungo will not prevent your computer from sleeping if you close the lid. This is a Mac App Store limitation. Lungo is also not able to prevent a scheduled sleep, enabled in the Battery system preferences.
Support: Click the “Send Feedback” button in the app or email me at email@example.com
- Lungo now requires macOS 12. See the app website for the last macOS 11 compatible version.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, does exactly what it says
This app does exactly what it says, and what I wanted, a way to quickly prevent my Mac from going into sleep mode for a certain duration of time. I wanted something like Caffeine, but more up-to-date and this fit the bill. No issues, happy user.
I use this app all the time. Its simple to use, works every time, and has a charming animation that plays when active. 10/10 no notes.
Display won’t sleep if lungo is active
I have set my displays to turn off after 10 minutes in Energy Saver. If I manually activate the screensaver and don’t deactivate Lungo then my displays never turn off. I’ve used Caffeine in the past and this was never an issue. I had reached out to Lungo Support over a month ago but never received a response.
Developer Response ,
I seemed to have missed your email before. Sorry about that. Lungo now has a preference to let the display sleep.
It would be amazing if you would be willing to update your review. 🙏
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sindre Sorhus
- 4.4 MB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sindre Sorhus
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.