Midas M-AIR iPad app for MR18/MR12
M-AIR allows you to control the mixing, processing and effects functions of Midas' MR18 & MR12 digital audio mixers right from your iPad®.
M-AIR Version 1.5 delivers simple and advanced control features for the MR18 & MR12 mixers. The user interface is providing a access to mixing 18 input channels to 12 buses and editing 4 internal stereo effects processors, with highest professional audio quality. It provides customisable fader layers, Automixing, DCA and Mute Group control, as well as access to the 64 internal snapshots memory of Midas M-AIR mixers. The M-AIR app can be used in demo mode for offline show preparation, when no mixer is available.
* Control all Levels for Inputs 1 – 18, incl. Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom, Stereo Link
* Control all mixer internal snapshot memory, DCA groups, Mute groups and Automixing
* Full EQ Control – fine-tune the 4-/6-band parametric or 31-band graphic equalizers with RTA support
* Metering Overview – all levels at a glance
* Control bus send levels of input channels conveniently from their channel faders
* Detailed Preamp/Configuration, Gate, Dynamics, EQ and Bus Sends editing pages
* Full Effects editing GUI screens for all 61 internal FX types
* Gate and Dynamics offer either simple preset-based control or advanced, in-depth parameter control
* Create custom presets for each component of your M-AIR processing, or entire mixer scenes on your iPad
* Control background music or stereo recording on USB drives with MR12 mixers
Fixes crashes and performance issues
Ratings and Reviews
crashes with iPadOS 13.2
I downloaded this to run my X 18, and it was fine until Apple sent out update 13.2. Crashes EVERY TIME a channel is selected, rendering the app useless! Very lucky for me that I was able to (after hours of research and effort) to down grade the previous version of the ipad os, version 13.1.3; It works fine with this old version, but the developer MUST get with Apple and resolve this problem. If you are thinking about the purchase of one of the affected digital mixers, I would NOT until the problem is 100% fixed. If I could, I would return the mixer I have for a full refund and purchase a totally different product.
Good app, needs small improvements
This app is almost perfect, it works well with the mixer and so far I have few complaints. One complaint I do have is when the busses are selected, the tracks are not outlined as they are in the PC application. I would also like some guitar pedal emulations in the effects section but the buss issue is the biggest. A phone level application would be appreciated as well. Preferably one with full channel strip control as well as both FoH and buss mix controls. Love what has been done so far but would love to see updates with a little more frequency.
iPad OS 13.2 breaks this app!
App has worked smoothly for years, but after upgrading to iOS 13.2, yesterday, on a job, this app began crashing every time I tapped on a channel to adjust it. Tapping on the main fader, it stayed alive to allow access to the edit section, but then quickly crashed again.
I hard-reset my iPad Pro, but still crashed. I then launched the X-Air version of the app. Same issue.
I then deleted both M and X versions of the app, downloaded fresh from the App Store, and same problem remained. Luckily, I had a laptop with me and was able to use the MacBook Pro to run the show. This is URGENT and needs to be fixed, Behringer!
If you rely on either the XAir or MAir app on an iPad, don’t upgrade yet to iOS 13.2.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.