Midas M-AIR iPad app for MR18/MR12
M-AIR allows you to control the mixing, processing and effects functions of Midas' MR18 & MR12 digital audio mixers right from your iPad®.
M-AIR Version 1.6 delivers simple and advanced control features for the MR18 & MR12 mixers. The user interface is providing a access to mixing 18 input channels to 12 buses and editing 4 internal stereo effects processors, with highest professional audio quality. It provides customisable fader layers, Automixing, DCA and Mute Group control, as well as access to the 64 internal snapshots memory of Midas M-AIR mixers. The M-AIR app can be used in demo mode for offline show preparation, when no mixer is available.
* Control all Levels for Inputs 1 – 18, incl. Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom, Stereo Link
* Control all mixer internal snapshot memory, DCA groups, Mute groups and Automixing
* Full EQ Control – fine-tune the 4-/6-band parametric or 31-band graphic equalizers with RTA support
* Metering Overview – all levels at a glance
* Control bus send levels of input channels conveniently from their channel faders
* Detailed Preamp/Configuration, Gate, Dynamics, EQ and Bus Sends editing pages
* Full Effects editing GUI screens for all 61 internal FX types
* Gate and Dynamics offer either simple preset-based control or advanced, in-depth parameter control
* Create custom presets for each component of your M-AIR processing, or entire mixer scenes on your iPad
* Control background music or stereo recording on USB drives with MR12 mixers
Fixed connectivity issues & Bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Crashed on a gig
Without warning, app started crashing when I tried to make adjustments on a gig last night. By God’s Grace, we got through it. At least the channel faders kept working, but every time I would try to make EQ or dynamic adjustments, the app would crash. After a little post-gig research, ‘came to find out there are significant app problems from most recent updates. From the amount of reviews I’ve seen, it seems clear that Music Tribe isn’t seeing addressing the problem as an immediate issue. Also saw that after early 2024, they won’t support the product anymore. Disappointing. These little mixers were quite handy and useful, but apparently, customer support is lacking. Definitely can’t and won’t spec, recommend, or buy their mixers from here on out…
FINALLY Update: iOS 16 support ! Please fix this!!!
Finally after over a year the update for compatibility with ios16 is out. I will still use mixing station in some instances, but the m-air app has a better overview of ALL channels at once so I’m really glad to see it working again.
I appreciate development for finally doing it. This had crippled many places that I’d installed these products
Original review: I have installed mr-18s in dozens of churches and venues where I live. My company has stepped up in your absence and is now providing them with laptops out of pocket to control there mixers because there iPads no longer work! Unacceptable for a product with such a wide user base !
I have been using the Midas/Behringer products for years now. They really stepped up their game, and put themselves at the top of the digital mixer market. However, as previously stated, the lack of support for this app is really quite confounding. It’s one thing if there was a screen and faders to control this mixer. But you are stuck using the app. This was my biggest fear purchasing the MR18. What happens if the app doesn’t work. Well guess what…iOS 16 crashes the app when trying to use the channel strip features. Midas you should be ashamed of yourselves. I’m now considering moving to another brand of mixer based on this.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Music Group Research UK Limited
- 110.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Music Group Research UK Ltd.