*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Mac|Life is the ultimate magazine about all things Apple. Mac|Life is authoritative, ahead of the curve, and endlessly entertaining.
And it’s the only Apple information source whose mission, voice, and visual aesthetic harmonize with the design and direction of Apple products themselves.
Written for both new and veteran users, Mac|Life provides exclusive, authoritative information and advice for readers who want to get the most out of their Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV, as well as third-party hardware, software, and services.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.49 / $2.99 / €2.99
1 year £23.99 / $24.99 / €27.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Content, great. Delivery, meh.
I have enjoyed the content of this magazine since it was MacAddict and print only. The content has in fact improved tremendously in the last year. However, the digital delivery system has been wonky from the start. Issues download very slowly (in contrast, Consumer Reports downloads in a blink). Now, despite having a subscription, it doesn’t show me as a subscriber (it does in iTunes), won’t restore purchases / download my magazines of which I now have none because FAQs recommended deleting and reinstalling the app. Of course, Support is very hard to get a hold of because there isn’t a fast lane for the technically savvy. Answer TBD....
Looks (AND WORKS) FANTASTICALLY On My iPad Pro
MacLife was the one magazine I would still buy in print form in the grocery store, as I really like the content and look. But, for less than the cost of two print issues (which is still true, I think), I can get an entire year. And, with the Retina display on the large iPad Pro, it seems to actually look BETTER than the print version. And, of course, there’s also all the capabilities that come with an “active” publication (like links and such).
Plus: I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to where all these other reviewers are getting these problems! They must be using a different app or something! ;) Seriously, though, I’ve actually NEVER had a problem with the app itself, or with the purchasing of issues! Plus, I’ve just turned 60 years old, with my brain and memory getting worse and worse, and I’ve been able to read issue after issue with (LITERALLY) ZERO problems.
So, this app is ABSOLUTELY AND VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Makes useful Mac info alive
MacLife is one of my first magazine (apps?) experiences within Newsstand. It's working well generally. I response time is good. New issue load time is long - not something to do just before leaving the house or a Starbucks. In-magazine navigation is intuitive for the most part, with helpful cues (and the initial help screen is handy), but sometimes there is a sense of too many different ways to reveal another page or section. Maybe I need to get some practice! In the end I can read the content, share it and that's most important.
I will add that going back after a break to an open mag can be frustrating with having to start in the library screen and wait a long time for the mag to open- fortunately on the page you were in. Make the app smarter and snappier!
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 34 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Mac|Life Subscriptions $0.99
- Mac|Life Subscriptions $8.99
- Mac|Life Subscriptions $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.