**Selected by Apple as one of the best apps of 2014 on the Mac App Store**
**Please visit our website to download the iOS version or search for "Mach Write" in the iOS App Store, it's free!**
**iCloud HandOff/Continuity requires Bluetooth 4.0/LE and Wifi on and enabled**
Mach Write is a powerful new RTF, TXT, and PDF Editor (Rich Text Format, Plain Text, PDF) for iOS and OS X! Featuring full iCloud document synchronization, RTF in multiple styles, sizes, and colors; as well as PDF Viewing/Creating/Annotation; and TXT files in addition to supporting nearly 15 plain text code formats; Mach Write makes it super easy to create in many different formats while still being incredibly powerful! And the best part is Mach Write is free for iOS and only $3.99 (U.S.) on OS X!
Unlike other text editing/word processing apps which only offer RTF, or only offer TXT, or only offer PDF editing (and usually no iCloud/iOS version) Mach Write has all these features and much much more!
Ridiculously Advanced Features!
- iCloud document synchronization; Mach Write keeps all your documents up to date on all your iOS and OS X devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)
- RTF Read/Write support; easily Create and Edit Rich Text with multiple styles, alignment, font sizes, color, shadows, line spacing, and more -- one of the most popular word processor formats widely compatible across OS X, Windows, and Linux
- PDF Creation, Editing, and Viewing (on iOS, annotate PDF with free-hand writing, take notes, grade papers, and more -- Large PDF documents in iCloud, such as large eBooks, are not recommended)
- PDF Editing includes Text, Shapes, Lines, Highlights, and more
- DOC/DOCX Read/Write support on OS X (DOC/DOCX Viewing on iOS)
- Export to DOC, RTFD, HTML, TXT, and more
- Tap the "Function" (Fn) Key twice to turn on Voice Dictation
- Easily Share with Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, and Messages right from the Toolbar
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use!
- Application is now a Universal Binary for Big Sur
- New App Icon
- Updated User Interface
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and Reviews
Was hoping this would be the icloud answer for Text Edit on the Mac syncing with iPhone/iPad. Sorely disappointed. Loses all of the clean functionality of Text Edit. Impossible to create outlines. Text Edit is soooo much better. I just wish Apple would create a native app for iPhone/iPad to iCloud sync Text Edit documents then we wouldn’t need crap applications like this.
Functional, but needs much fit-and-finish work.
The Mac app doesn’t follow OS X interface conventions. Overly-saturated icons are thrown into the title bar, toolbars can’t be customized, and there isn’t a Preferences area to adjust settings.
I’m all for — and excited about — the multi-device sync, but for day-to-day use on the mac, this app isn’t where it needs to be in terms of fit-and-finish. I spend my days in text editors, and I want that writing environment to be a reasonably attractive one.
Convert RTF to HTML - really!!!
I copy selected text out of a reference app that I use daily to use them in web pages and the copied text that lands in the clipboard is RTF format. I need it in HTML format. THIS APP does that for me very easily and cleanly. Worth every penny and a real time saver. I just discovered Mach Write today and I had to give it 5 stars because IT JUST WORKS.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mach Software Design
- 4.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Mach Software Design
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.