Machinarium is the award-winning independent adventure game developed by the makers of Samorost series, Botanicula and CHUCHEL.
Help Josef the robot to save his girlfriend Berta kidnapped by the Black Cap Brotherhood gang.
"Absolutely Fantastic" - TouchArcade
4/4 - USA TODAY
4/4 - SlideToPlay
9/10 - Pocket Gamer
- IGF, Excellence in Visual Art Award
- Gamasutra, Best Indie Game Of The Year
- VGChartz.com, Best Indie Game Of The Year
Added link to our new game CHUCHEL.
Improved compatibility with iPad Pro 11".
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Imagine WALL·E directed by Tim Burton—that’s the weird, wonderful world of Machinarium. But this cute robot’s quest for love combines tons more influences—like point-and-click adventures, hidden-object puzzlers, and comic books—for a truly unique experience. Challenging but full of awesome “aha!” moments, it’s an artistic odyssey that looks amazing on iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
Even Better Than I expected...
It’s kind of difficult for me to pull the trigger on a game that costs money these days. There are so many free apps and games out there that I rarely see any value in it.
This game is different.
I was immediately drawn to this one by its beautiful artwork and animation. It’s like a steampunk-style creation with incredible graphics, a neat little story somehow told with no language, and scores of puzzles that you have to solve with virtually your own brains (though hints and blueprints can be acquired if you really get stuck). My six year-old daughter and I have a blast huddling together over my phone playing together and working out the puzzles with tiny clues often overlooked, and the story progresses at such a steady pace that you just can’t help but get absorbed by it. I would buy this game again and again without hesitation and I would recommend it to anyone.
Too many bugs
I’ve heard a lot good reviews before I downloaded it to my iPad. Then I found that maybe the game itself has a unique style, but the experience of playing it is terrible. And I’m sure it’s not my device’s problem since mine is the new iPad Pro and I’ve played many other games while none of them have any issue.
1. The music and sound effects disappeared for many times and restart the game won’t even fix it
2. The whole screen got stuck when I tried to solve a puzzle and went back to normal once I stopped trying. So I have to give up and delete this game because I couldn’t move forward anymore.
3. The controls are very difficult. If you want to use some of the equipments you’ve obtained, you have to place them PRECISELY where they belong and sometimes even try several times for it to work.
I still think this is a good game and I assume it might work better on PC or Mac. But please fix these bugs in this iOS version. Look forward to seeing its update.
- Amanita Design s.r.o.
- 262.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Amanita Design s.r.o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.