Featured App Store Editors' Choice with Best of July, Best New Apps, (July 2014) and Best of 2014 awards
Winner of Pipedream Comics Digital Comics App of 2014
Madefire delivers the most innovative mobile and tablet app with its rich catalogue of new digital comics and Motion Books -- the flagship reading experience with added interactivity, sound and motion.
Featuring day-and-date releases for new comics every Wednesday.
• Experience your favorite superheroes Batman, Superman and the entire DC Universe, Hellboy, Star Trek, My Little Pony and Transformers like never before. With top publishers like DC Comics, IDW, Dark Horse, Oni Press, Liquid, Valiant and Top Cow adding to the Print and Motion Book library, your favorite classics as well as new day-and-date releases are available now and updated weekly.
• Browse hundreds of new print comic titles from top-tier publishers in our new Print Books storefront where we feature famous comics released same-day... all available for direct In-App Purchases.
• Choose your own destiny in our exclusive release with DC Comics, Batman Arkham Origins. The first-of-its kind Motion Book is a prequel to the Batman Arkham Origins video game where multiple story paths unfold multiple outcomes as you choose Batman’s course of action.
• All new characters and stories are available exclusively on Madefire with the download of the free app. What have been coined “myths of the 21st century”, these featured original titles from Madefire have been forged by comic book legends – including Stan Lee, Dave Gibbons, Bill Sienkiewicz, Mike Carey, Clive Barker and Liam Sharp.
• Immerse yourself in a new space; 360 panoramic views, music, sound effects and motion transport you deep into story worlds. You control the pace at which stories unfold on-screen.
• Web-Partner deviantArt is the world’s largest creative community and home of the exclusive Motion Books category. Now featured in the app is a channel dedicated to the "deviants" full of new characters and stories from the indie community.
• Madefire and its catalogue of Print Comics and Motion Books currently feature a wide selection of FREE comics, popular day and date releases, horror comics, kids comics and many more with the catalogue growing by the week. Regardless what you are in to - there is something for you!
Download the free app and find out why it’s not just reading – it’s the future of digital storytelling on Madefire.
“Groundbreaking” – USA Today
“You should check this out” - TIME
“The next big thing in digital comics” – Wired
“Unlike some other reading apps, using Madefire was intuitive” – TechCrunch
We welcome your input and suggestions on how we can improve Accessibility and overall support in Madefire. Email us as firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please contact email@example.com and we'll take care of you as quickly as possible. And, if you are enjoying your favorite comics in the Madefire app, please leave a positive review on the App Store. We see them, and they make us happy!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With synchronized sound effects, music, motion, and layered illustrations, Madefire Motion Books aren't your average comic books. Whether you’re swiping through panoramic pictures, watching characters’ speech bubbles appear, or even making choices that affect the story, it’s clear that what Madefire does can't be repeated on physical paper. Each of Madefire’s immersive Motion Books sits somewhere between full-fledged animation and comics—and each is bound to leave a lasting impression.
Best comic book app
This app is by far the best comic book app I’ve ever gotten. The prices are mostly fair, (maybe a bit much but in a store it would probably cost more) and if you don’t have enough money to buy that top notch book, there are always free stuff to download and read. There are also a wide veriety of topics to browse from, like horror, marvel, DC, etc. I also like how you can sighn up so that you can read your books that you got on multiple devices. I’d recommend using an iPad, but again, you can save your books on multiple devices. Overall, this is a pretty good app, and I’d recommend trying it, just remember to sighn in or sighn up(if you’re new) before purchasing anything.
Also, some added stuff could be wishlist, gifting (through maybe email?), and in- store credit (pay for a book and a quarter of that can go to your next) Also reviews (you wanna know what you’re paying for is worth it)
The only thing of it's kind
I saw one movie in the early 2000's about a girl that traveled to outer space and it used this technique - semi-animated stills. I really liked it. It's a nice blend of reading and watching, but at the time nothing else like it existed. It was an anomaly - then years later, along comes this app, and to my surprise, it was totally based on that concept I liked. Anyways not for everyone, but if you like comics, you'll probably enjoy it.
- Madefire, Inc.
- 44.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2012-2019 Madefire Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Trouble With Katie Rogers - Issue 1 $1.99
- The Trouble With Katie Rogers - Issue 2 $1.99
- Sherlock Holmes... - Episode 1 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.