"Download Mage Gauntlet. The time you spent reading this review could've been much better spent playing this incredible game." -- Toucharcade.com Review
Lovingly patterned after 16-bit classics, Mage Gauntlet blends a top-down action-RPG template with a heavy dose of arcade action. Play as Lexi, a young woman who seeks to overcome her inability to use magic. She seeks the help of a great wizard named Whitebeard. He agrees to help her, but in return she must travel to the locations of the Guardian Wizards and ask for their assistance in the coming battle to save the world.
The Guardian Wizards don't just live around the corner. You'll have to travel through treacherous environments, battle dangerous enemies, and search out secrets that will give you greater power. The Mage Gauntlet given to you by Whitebeard will give you the strength to dispatch your foes in intense melee combat. It also gives you access to a variety of magic spells for when things get too hot to handle with your sword. You'll have to master both magic and in-your-face combat if you want to save the world.
***Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers***
- Expansive Gameplay: 84 painstakenly crafted levels
- Deep Combat: Dodge, dash, cast magic spells, and use a variety of attacks to defeat your enemies!
- Hidden Secrets: Can you find the secret passages and claim the rewards within?
- Plenty of Gear: Not only do these sweet pieces of kit make you more powerful, but they also change your appearance! And did someone say something about pets? 19 pets and 110 hats can be found throughout the game.
- Spectacular Magic: If your sword can't do the talking, try some of the Mage Gauntlet's powerful spells!
- Classic Visuals: With a look that calls back to some of the greatest RPGs of all-time, each stage is a feast for the eyes!
- Uncover the Story: You won't find out about everything that's going on by simply rushing through. Find the hidden lore, conquer the ultra-tough Master Mode, and seek out the extra ending!
- Left Joystick: Move
- A for Attack
- B for Sprint
- Y for Menu
To activate spell mode, hold down the right trigger. Spell controls include:
- Left Joystick: Aim
- Left/Right Shoulder: Change Spell
- Release right trigger to cast spell
Mage Gauntlet - GameClub is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this game!!!!!
I've had this gem of a game permanently living on my iPod for a log time now, and considering how much I love it I figure it's high time for a little ol' review. While the gameplay aspects of the game are nowhere near the level of that of Wayward Souls, I would have to say that the story is probably better. While WS has an engaging story that's unraveled between 6 different characters with each one having their own story, I think the more classically linear story of Mage Gauntlet feels a bit more substantial. Mostly due to the fact that you really need to beat the entire game with all the characters in WS to get the full story, a heroic feat that I've yet to accomplish which may take many more years of practice, and while the story line in Wayward Souls is still incredibly good, it's the unrivaled gameplay that truly shines. That's not to say that Mage Gauntlet doesn't have great gameplay because indeed it does. I can lose hours and hours playing this game because it's just such an amazing joy to play!!! Wayward Souls is better though lol...LOVE 'EM BOTH!!!
An underrated gem.
This game is awesome. It's a blend of doom like exploration of levels, beat me up like segments and an rpg progression system. It ends in to be continued(if you beat master mode) and a sequel would be well appreciated. It's world is great and I like how the lore is distributed through diary entries. Some are well hidden requiring you to explore. There are also hidden things in certain levels such as giant vegetables in a garden or a photo of a pre-death vataneba. If I had to complain about something it's that hats come very rarely and sometimes you get hats you already have. And for once doc isn't blatantly ripped from a full game and charged separately. The doc is simply cosmetic or statistic changes as well as a buff or two. Overall a great game that unfortunately no one knows about and may never know about. Meaning this game might not have a sequel. Either way this game is a true masterpiece.
A BIG FAVOR...
Hello rocketcat games, I am here to inform you what you must have already heard at least a million times before, I would love multiplayer support, and this is the time to strike guys. This is the time when people have known about your game and love it (such as me). If you make a big content update now, this app will blow up again, to the point where it could become as popular as punch quest has. Just think about it rocketcat games, it would make the game finally complete. And make it easily one of the best apps on the App Store. I would go on to say how good this game is, but whoever is reading this review, you have to understand that this game is incredible, I have all the triple a titles and a million more, this is on my top 5 list, perhaps even top 3. THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES IT NOT NUMBER ONE ON MY LIST IS THAT I BEAT THE GAME, SO I HAVE NOTHING TO DO ANYMORE, MULTIPLAYER PLEASE.
- GameClub Inc.
- 72.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2011 Rocketcat Games
- In-App Purchases
- GameClub Monthly Subscription $4.99
- GameClub Unlimited $4.99
- GameClub Unlimited $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.