Ad block with 2x faster web browsing. Over 150,000 users agree that Magic Lasso Adblock is the most efficient Safari ad blocker and content blocker.
1. Ad block for you
Ads are blocked, with no pop ups. Just enable the ad blocker to browse in Safari ad block bliss – completely ad free
2. Ad block built for Safari speed
By blocking ads, pages load 2x faster in Safari
3. Ad block that’s private
Block ad trackers for Safari web browser privacy
4. Ad block everywhere
Ad block on iPhone, iPad and Mac – the Safari web browser ad blocker for all your devices
Magic Lasso Adblock is the best Safari ad blocker:
Not all ad block is the same – other ad block such as Adblock Plus, Ghostery, Ublock are not the best ad blocker – why?:
– Ad block with no paid ads - unlike Adblock Plus ad blocker that let paid ads bypass ad block rules
– Ad block that can’t view web history - unlike VPN ad block
– Ad block with free support - firstname.lastname@example.org - unlike Ghostery ad blocker and Ublock ad blocker
– Ad block that’s up to date - free ad block updates means more ads blocked - more than Ublock ad blocker and Ghostery ad blocker
Ad block plus more
Optional Pro subscription includes background ad block updates, battery boost, ad blocker whitelists and future ad blocker feature access.
– Ad block Pro subscriptions are charged annually
– Ad block Pro automatically renews, with account charged at the Ad block Pro original subscription price, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Disable auto-renewal and manage Ad block Pro subscriptions in Account Settings in iTunes
– Ad block Pro payment is charged to your iTunes Account on purchase confirmation
Version 2.0 is our biggest release yet and introduces a new way to support websites through community whitelists, tools to improve battery life while browsing and a whole new look and feel. Version 2.3 includes all the features of v2.0 along with some bug fixes.
- Community Whitelists support good websites and advertisers. Once enabled, this feature disables ad blocking on sites that have been frequently whitelisted by Magic Lasso users. Through anonymous crowd-sourcing of whitelists, ads are only allowed on sites the community deem worthy.
- Universal Pro subscription: With a single subscription, access Pro features on all of your iPhones, iPads and Macs that use the same Apple ID. Existing Pro subscribers automatically get Pro features across all devices too.
- All new look and feel: The new three pane interface provides: a quick overview of current status, easy access to see recent rules updates and a simple way to view and configure whitelisted websites.
Version 2.3 also includes some small bug fixes:
- Resolved intermittent issue where Community Whitelist setting wouldn't stick when unchecked
- Optimised memory usage of the Magic Lasso extension leading to significant efficiency improvements for long running browser sessions
- Fixed Overview not showing correct Whitelist count
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good blocker but annoying
The blocker works great, but it needs a constant opening of a "buy subscription" page when there is an update. This is happening constantly (almost every day) and it is frustrating. I understand that it is hard to sell a product, but there are other ways to do that.
[EDIT]: I don't see updates so often as before. Also, I have received a personal message from the developer related to my comment, saying they will change things I wasn't happy about. I appreciate that very much. With this huge improvement, from now on, I will recommend this product to everyone!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using Magic Lasso and for your feedback. You should only receive a notification to update at most once weekly. We have also heard your feedback on the subscription prompt and so have redesigned this panel as part of our upcoming v2.0 release to make it less intrusive.
Signficant reduction in CPU Usage
I have a number of sites I use for research, but they get my CPU cranking after just a few minutes of browsing from all the ads. I don’t hear my fan nearly as much now that I have Lasso running when I browse. Highly recommend. All you need to do is isntall and then forget about it. And it’s super easy to reload the page with ads if you want/need.
Paid for Pro, still got ads
After paying for the pro-version, I was surprised I was still getting You Tube ads. So, I had to double up with another ad blocker to fix that. Everything was perfect after that.
The last update informed users that it would be allowing "good ads" to be seen. Now I am seeing ads where I previously didn't see them, such as Reddit.
I ask, what is the point of paying for a premium version of an ad blocker when the developer allows "good ads" to be seen? Save your money, skip the pro version.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for supporting ongoing development via your Pro subscription. At the moment, we block some, but not all, YouTube ads. We do have big plans for improving our YouTube ad blocking in future releases of the app. The prior update didn't allow any new ads to be displayed except when the "Community Whitelist" feature is enabled. You can easily disable this feature in the "Whitelists" tab and see if this resolves the issue. We will also look at specifically why Reddit ads aren't being blocked and will resolve it in a free ad blocking rule update. If you have any other feedback please feel free to email email@example.com and we'll do as much as possible to help.
- Matthew Bickham
- 7.4 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BentoCorp
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly subscription $2.99
- Yearly subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.