Block ads with 2x faster web browsing. Over 100,000 users agree – Magic Lasso Adblock is the best, most efficient Safari adblocker and content blocker.
1. Adblock for you
All ads are gone, with no annoying distractions or popups. Just enable the adblocker to browse in Safari adblock bliss with zero ads.
2. Adblock built for speed
2x faster page loading in Safari. By blocking ads, common websites load faster and use less processor and battery.
3. Adblock that’s private
Block ad trackers for improved Safari web browser privacy.
4. Adblock everywhere
Safari web browser adblocker for all your devices – block ads on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Why Magic Lasso Adblock is the best Safari adblocker:
There are many other adblockers available such as Adblock Plus, Crystal, Ghostery, Ublock Origin, 1Blocker and Adguard. Not all adblockers are the same – Magic Lasso Adblock is the best adblocker for you - here’s why:
– Adblock with no paid ads - unlike Crystal adblocker or Adblock Plus adblocker that let paid ads bypass adblock rules
– Adblock that can’t see your web browser history - more secure than older VPN adblock used by Adguard adblocker
– Adblock with free support - firstname.lastname@example.org - unlike Ghostery adblocker and Ublock Origin adblocker
– Adblock that’s up to date - more free, regular adblock updates means more ads blocked - more than 1Blocker adblocker and Ghostery adblocker
Adblock plus more
Optional Magic Lasso Adblock Pro subscription adds background addblock updates, unlimited devices, website adblocker whitelists and access to future adblocker features.
– Adblock Pro subscriptions are charged on a monthly or annual basis (depending upon subscription plan)
– Adblock Pro subscription automatically renews, and account will be charged at the Adblock Pro original subscription price, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Adblock Pro subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal disabled by going to your Account Settings in iTunes
– Adblock Pro payment will be charged to your iTunes Account on purchase confirmation
Open the app after updating to ensure you're using the latest adblocker rules. Version 1.6.1 fixes some bugs and lays the internal groundwork for future changes. It also includes enhancements introduced in v1.6 including:
– A new icon, which is cleaner, clearer and in-sync with the recently introduced icon on iOS versions of the app
– Dark mode support on macOS Mojave. All of the app's interface now works seamlessly when in dark mode
– The toolbar icon in Safari has also been updated to point our magic wand in a consistent direction
Ratings and Reviews
Signficant reduction in CPU Usage
I have a number of sites I use for research, but they get my CPU cranking after just a few minutes of browsing from all the ads. I don’t hear my fan nearly as much now that I have Lasso running when I browse. Highly recommend. All you need to do is isntall and then forget about it. And it’s super easy to reload the page with ads if you want/need.
Seems fast but lack of essential functions for free version
At least white listing should be included in the free version, otherwise, basically it is unusable. Since some of the website you do not want to block anything (government, financial institutions, github, etc.)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. If whitelisting is not available you can hold the reload button in Safari and select "Reload without content blockers". This will reload the page with ad blocking disabled and enable you to use any page which may have issues when ads are blocked (even in the free version of the app). Also please feel free to email email@example.com with the details of any problematic pages and we'll endeavor to fix the issues via our free ad block rule update releases.
Didn't say a word about money
Until you download it, then the first screen that comes up is asking for money.
Immediately deleted from my computer.
Response to developer's response:
I appreciate you're response, however you side-stepped my issue and did not address it.
My issue is after I downloaded and ran the app, the first screen that came up was one asking for money. Don't you think you should, at the very least, delay that pop-up until the user has has a chance to look at what the app does?
Developer Response ,
Adblocking functionality and the ongoing free updates to the app and the adblocking rules used are available for all users of Magic Lasso without any payment required. There is an optional Pro subscription available to purchase within the app which provides additional features and functionality – however, this is optional to support ongoing development and is not necessary to block all ads in Safari.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.