Do you feel like a true knight, mage or archer? Try Magic Streets, the location based RPG game. This multiplayer GPS game takes place in your local neighborhood and brings the gameplay of the classic RPGs to it. The game is played in an endless open fantasy world where strangers, dungeons, traders, chests and craft stations can be found. But be aware, there are also dangerous enemy creatures lurking around! Level your character, build your own equipment, complete quests, join a guild and build your own perfect hero!
Feel free to join the Magic Streets discord server to talk about the game, report bugs or share improvements: https://discord.gg/UBx7KfA
Able to play while at home or work:
- Large interaction range with a lot of spawns, the interaction range can be further increased with the Vision skill.
- Build your own Settlement which offers several benefits which can used without having to travel!
- Build watch towers to travel to previous visited locations without having to go outside.
- Use guild portals to travel to the locations of other guild members!
Fully customizable character:
- Craft your own weapons and armor.
- Improve your skills to build the perfect Knight, Mage or Archer.
- Collect and build your own companion.
- 30 unique armor sets and over 100 unique weapons!
Fun and challenging battle system:
- Unique and challenging battle system.
- Equip the right weapon for the right encounter.
- Clear dungeons.
- Rescue strangers from enemies.
- Explore your neighborhood using GPS to find traders, resources, chest, enemies and more.
- Complete the main and sub storyline.
- Use the portal to travel between the upper and dark underworld where tougher opponents await.
- Build craft stations on the map to craft your own unique equipment!
- Talk to strangers to get new quests or complete the daily challenges.
- Join a guild to chat, trade and complete challenges together!
Give Magic Streets a try now and send me a message if you know good improvements for the game.
- Added individual guild member contributions to the guild challenges page (For new boards, existing boards will not show all data).
- Some localization improvements.
- Improved language selection in opening screen.
- Fixed 'shaking' world issue when returning from a far away portal.
- Fixed companion potions which did not award the extra companion point.
- Fixed compass logic which did not work correct on some devices.
- Fixed missing text issue when switching between some languages.
- Offerwalls added.
Ratings and Reviews
The game is constantly being improved. Right now, it’s in a pretty sweet spot: it’s well balanced, there’s lots to do, and progressing has a good pace and feels rewarding. Guilds recently blossomed from weird and random to actual communities with chat and a fun array of specific goals you and your guildmates can work together to complete. The revamped guild system has been a huge invitation back into the game for me after having drifted away for over a month back when the difficulty was more punishing than rewarding, and the January 2021 update basically perfected Settlements and Watch Towers. I do prefer location-based games with higher concepts and richer aesthetics, but I guess that those scare people because Geomon was nuked, CodeRunner was abandoned, and Ingress, despite being the foundation upon which Pokémon Go and Wizards Unite was built, continues to wallow in relative obscurity. Anyway, I can’t fault this game for not trying to mess with my head and pretending to secretly not be a game. It’s fun, it’s engaging, it’s RESPONSIVE (I’m frowning at you, Pokemon Go), it’s rewarding. I don’t often give out five-star scores, but I’ve given this some serious thought and it just deserves one. Join us! Have fun!
Great concept, nostalgic feel.
Reminds me of an old PC RPG Acheron’s Call. Basic and intuitive gameplay here. Has a lot of potential. Would like to see better effects from using magic spells in combat. I’m very new to this game and will post a follow-up review after I’ve had more game time.
Work in progress
The game is similar to other gps types that you may have played, but it has its own flavor. At the time of this review there is no wiki, faq, website or any other online source of information for this game. The lack of information is what hinders this game as players can’t go online and see if it’s worth investing their time and money in. Without any understanding of the game mechanics it’s difficult to create builds or have a clear direction for your character. I am interested to see how this game evolves and will keep an eye on it to see if any information presents itself in the future. Good luck to the developer, I wish you the best.
Developer Response ,
Unfortunately my time is a bit limited, I develop this game next to my regular job in my spare time. Every hour I spend on wikis is not going to improve the quality of the game.
For now I’m not able to setup a wiki, but the Discord chat is a really helpful. But when the game is in a bit further stage I will add things like wikis.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frank Slofstra
- 465.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Build it Games
- In-App Purchases
- Special level up offer $4.99
- Medium Gems Pack $3.99
- Remove All Ads $9.99
- Large Gems Pack $11.99
- Extra Large pack of Gems $24.99
- Premium Rewards $4.99
- Serious Large Gems Pack $49.99
- Small Gems Pack $0.99
- Extreme Large Gems Pack $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.