MagicScroll 6 features:
Ease of Use
• Intuitive graphic interface.
• Full text formatting of font, size, style and color.
• Adjustable margins help ‘center’ videotext over the lens of the camera behind the beamsplitter.
• Voice dictation enabled to help create or edit scripts.
• Find/Replace of text.
• Copy/Paste of STYLE applies color or formatting to script without changing the text.
• Use Emoji’s to cue your speaker to smile, laugh, applaude or other.
• PDF manual download available from our website.
• Dark Mode compatibility.
Video Text Scrolling
• Smooth scrolling video text leverages Graphic GPU.
• Scale to fit or actual size for output screen/preview screen.
• Interactive, adjustable scroll speed using your trackpad or attached USB device.
• Full Screen scrolling when scrolling only on main screen of notebook.
• Selectable ‘output’ screen shows only video text (not tools) to talent
• Adjustable size, Preview window mirrors what goes out to attached monitors.
• Adjustable gradient fade at top/bottom of output screen helps draw speakers eyes to the text.
• Inverse video on/off selectable allows white text on black, or black text on white
• Reverse horizontal/vertical scan to flip your video text on your output screen. (For beamsplitters)
Prompting Specialty Features
• Unlimited, nameable bookmarks.
• Looping of script - between set-able in and out marks.
• Script Queue window with saveable ‘setlists’ or show runs.
• Linking of files in Script Queue to live-scroll from one linked script to the next.
• Built-in stop watch can be toggled on/off to output screen.
• Paperclips can be instantly set while scrolling to mark a spot in the script.
• Blanking to Black sets the output screens to black with the click of a button.
• Custom blanking screen from your graphic, such as a company or show logo.
• Script Meter in Preview window shows approximate current scrolling location within script.
• Adjustable pointer to set ‘current line’ of text for speaker’s focus.
Fixed an issue with initial rendering of preview window under macOS Catalina.
Ratings and Reviews
Magicscroll Is The Best
In 1995, I went to Las Vegas for their annual National Association of Broadcasters Convention seeking the best possible software for teleprompting. Magic Teleprompting was there with their Magicscroll software written especially for the Mac. I was instantly sold and have been using every updated version to the present day. Magicscroll's ease of use, reliability and stability is unmatched by any other program out there. This latest version is hands down, their greatest endeavor yet! The old saying, “You get what you pay for”, is nowhere better proven than with Magicscroll. It’s actually a bargain. You will not regret the purchase of this program!
MagicScroll is the one I always come back to
With its flexibility, stability, and speed of editing, MagicScroll is a great tool to get you through fast moving, constantly changing live events and video shoots.
I’ve been prompting on Mac OS since 2003 and have tried many prompting apps… this is the one that gets the job done with the least friction.
The new features are a great addition... in particular, the adjustable text fade out at top and bottom of the talent’s monitor really help speakers stay focused and maintain a good eyeline... which is more important than ever now that everyone’s shooting in HiDef.
Excellent Software for Pro Users
I have been using MagicScroll since the 90's and it has always been the best choice for Mac users. I have used this software for live TV shows, commercials and convention work. It is full featured for pro users. Don't be fooled by cheaper software.
The software is easy to learn and is much better that the industry standard PC software. The new upgrade offers a lot of new feature that my clients really like.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.