"Magnetscape Lite" is a new measurement app that observe invisible magnetic fields by using a built-in iPhone magnetic sensor.
There are various magnetic fields in our surroundings. For example, the magnetic field fluctuates even with a large motor, a compressor, or a metal nearby. Earth's magnetic field exists even in places where there is nothing, and we are affected by that magnetic filed.
This app can monitor the surrounding magnetic field in real time, it can be used for various purposes in real life. For example, it can be used for investigation of static magnetic field, search for low electromagnetic field at alternating magnetic field (electromagnetic field), metal detection and more.
Perform a graphic display that shows the magnitude and direction of the magnetic field.
In Scope, the magnetic flux density of the magnetic field is expressed by the size and color of the graphic circle.
The display position of the graphic circle, but will move to match the polarity of the magnetic source, the polarity is attracted towards the N-pole if it is the same direction as the geomagnetic field, polarity is reversed away if it is the opposite (S-pole). If there is no metal or magnetic field nearby, it will be shifted in the direction of the geomagnetism (N-pole).
Trace the RAW data from the magnetic sensor and its corrected data. It is a time displacement graph of each axis value (Bx / By / Bz) and composite magnetic flux density (Bcomp) in three-dimensional space.
- Graphical display of magnetic field observation by magnetic sensor (Scope)
- Time displacement graph display of magnetic field observation (Time)
- Magnetic field observation
X axis : intensity (Bx) of the magnetic field of (the right direction toward the screen)
Y axis : intensity (By) of the magnetic field of (upward toward the screen)
Z axis : magnetic field strength (Bz) in the of (vertical upward direction of the screen)
Composite magnetic flux density : The magnetic field strength (Bcomp) that takes all three components of the x axis, the y axis, and the z axis into consideration
Unit of observation value: uT
- Measurement time : 1 minutes
- Alert function : A warning message will be displayed if the composite magnetic flux density exceeds 300 μT.
- Angle display function in Scope mode. (Angle)
- Clock display function in Scope mode.
- The display value of this application is the RAW output data from the magnetic sensor itself. We do not do any processing such as filtering processing inside the application.
- Since the magnetic sensor is a delicate device, the internal reference value of the magnetic sensor may be disturbed by being exposed to extremely strong magnets and magnetic fields for a long time.
- If the reference value of the magnetic sensor goes wrong, once you stop the application and leave it for a while, the magnetic sensor is readjusted automatically. If the magnetic sensor is still unstable, please try the electronic compass calibration and its reset procedure.
- Stability and minor improvements.
- Requires iOS12.2 or later.
Seems to work!
I was having trouble finding an app that detected activity from my PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) therapy device. This was the first one that I tried that actually started going haywire when I turned the device on. It would be nice to see a graph on the activity though.