Mail Mini is a simple email notifier that support IMAP. Be notified right when unread messages come in.
-Supports multiple email accounts
-Notifications (Visual & Audible)
Mail Mini supports mail providers that use IMAP. A few examples are Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, iCloud, AOL, Rackspace, 1and1, and more!
Upon launching, settings and account information in Mail Mini can be accessed by selecting the mail icon in the menu bar.
Mail Mini does not currently support the POP protocol. Mail Mini only notifies you of email messages marked as unread.
For any issues and feedback, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I bought this to replace an ancient notifier that finally got left behind by El Capitan.
- It does the basics: Notifies when mail appears in the inbox.
- It advertises IDLE support but I didn’t see an option on the account’s setup page to know whether it is controlled by the polling interval.
- I discovered only after I bought it that it only monitors ONE folder at each account; that’s nearly a show-stopper for me and the reason for my so-so rating. An app intended for IMAP needs to be aware of IMAP capabilities, like auto-filing of mail into folder, and be able to monitor any number of them.
- Another feature that would be useful but more of a nice-to-have is to be able to read the sender & subject for the unread emails
In summary, workable, but just. In an IMAP world, iIt really needs to have multi-folder capability.
Does exactly what it’s supposed to do!
For Gmail users who prefer to view Gmail in a browser, the one feature missing is a Menu Bar notification icon showing the number of unread emails in the Gmail inbox. There are several other Gmail Menu Bar apps that accomplish this…BUT…you have to live with all the other bloated features they contain, like drop-down inboxes, etc. I just want to be notified when I have new email so I can go to Gmail in my browser and Mail Mini does this perfectly! Kudos to the developer for making it a perfect “one-trick pony” instead of yet another app that tries to do multiple tasks. It’s an added plus to be able to change the color of the icon for unread email or for just the empty inbox. Great app that I use all day long.
i was looking for a mail notifier that wasnt tailored to GMAIL and this is it however a nice option would be to have a setting to specify a url or application to launch when you click on a notification
The developer, Pugsley LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pugsley LLC
- 3.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Pugsley LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.