## GET THE BEST GMAIL APP FOR FREE! ##
MailTab for Gmail is the ideal app for instantly accessing your Gmail account without having to open your web browser. Download it for free and benefit from visual and audio mail notifications, quick access to your inbox and the ability to respond to mails at lightning speed.
After downloading, simply click on the MailTab icon in the top menu bar whenever you want to check your Gmail account and you will be presented with a beautiful little window containing the Gmail mobile interface.
MailTab for Gmail allows you to overcome email overload by increasing the speed at which you can access and respond to your emails.
For OS X Lion users, we have now added in-app purchases to allow you to unlock extra features such as opacity control, desktop mode with chat and removal of advertisements.
We've spent a great deal of time thinking about the details and after using this app for a few days, you'll begin to notice our small yet creative touches. We plan on a very active development cycle, so please spread the word and keep sending us your feedback!
Open the Preferences menu to configure settings such as Notifications, Appearance and more.
- MailTab Pro is a 3rd party application for Gmail and is in no way endorsed or affiliated with Google Inc.
- Gmail and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Speed Optimizations
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good Not Great
It is great to have mail up and out of the way. Ultimately however this app just manages a browser window in a clever way, so if you are looking for something slicker than the web interface, this is not it.
There are a couple of things that still need polish:
* Mail does not refresh well. When I see something come in on my phone, I click on the app in my Laptop and often have to manually refresh. Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but mildly annoying.
* I cannot attach a file by draga and drop
* I cannot style the message (i.e. use bold face, etc) without going to the “desktop” presentation.
* When I change to the desktop presentation while authoring (e.g. I realize I want to attach something) I loose the message I was in the middle of authoring. Same is true moving to mobile presentation from desktop.
So this is a good app for convenience, but at the moment when you need to do any more than a quick message, it can be a bit maddening to have to open a browser window to do more.
Exactly what I was looking for
I was looking for a simple but functional email alert to save time and attention. I have tried several different apps, but for me, this one is the best. It is the least intrusive one. You receive timely notifications without being distracted by the content. The window of the app is similar to the interface of your phone. You can delete, search, and compose emails without opening the web page. It has definitely helped me to feel less overwhelmed by emails, and it has improved my productivity.
The only shortcoming is the lack of the “attachment" function. Hopefully, this can be addressed in a future version.
Overall, good design.
super useful, but needs update(s)
It's been working really well for me for about a year: the alerts are super helpful, and it's an easy way to compose emails quickly.
It does need, however, AN UPDATE!!! It's getting glitchier and slower by the day, so an updated version for the newer computers would be super duper uber helpful :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- FIPLAB Ltd
- 4.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 FIPLAB Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $2.99
- Remove Advertisements $0.99
- Desktop Mode with Chat $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.