+ SMART SEARCH SUGGESTIONS - EXCLUSIVE APP ONLY FEATURE!
The Search tab only suggests words that appear in this content as you type to help spell long medical terms.
The definitive full-color illustrated guide to abdominal operations for general, colorectal, and gastrointestinal surgeons.
With each edition, Maingot's Abdominal Operations has built a legacy of expertise, currency, and clinical rigor acclaimed by surgical trainees and practicing surgeons. Presented in full-color, the Thirteenth Edition offers a concise, yet complete, survey of the diagnosis and management of benign and malignant digestive diseases. This authoritative resource has everything clinicians need to understand congenital, acquired, and neoplastic disorders--and optimize surgical outcomes for any type of abdominal procedure.
• Increased number of algorithms to assist surgical decision making
• Contemporary focus on operative procedures, and new concepts in the diagnosis and management of abdominal disease
• Convenient organ/procedure presentation provides a seamless review of surgical protocols, as well as pre- and postoperative strategies and techniques
• Perspective Chapters provide insight from thought leaders on the latest developments in abdominal surgery
• Chapters on gastrointestinal bleeding, abdominal trauma, and abdominal vascular emergencies--along with minimally invasive surgery chapters woven throughout the text--present current, ready-to-use insights designed to enhance surgical care and recovery
• More than 1,250 illustrations (most in full color)
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for text, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
Check out https://usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app contains the full content of Maingot’s Abdominal Operations, 13th Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Michael J. Zinner, MD, FACS
Stanley W. Ashley, MD, FACS
O. Joe Hines, MD, FACS
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Updated About menu information
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Usatine & Erickson Media LLC
- 340.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.