Learn how the Lakota lived. Experience the Lakota language. Improve math skills.
In Making Camp Lakota, players practice multiplication and division skills. They’ll also be introduced to Lakota history, culture and language.
Earn points by solving math problems and answering social studies questions in the village-building simulation game as you earn items to customize your tipi.
Created with the Thunder Valley Community Development Corp., Making Camp Lakota is the the FIRST fully English/Lakota bilingual, cross-curricular math video game. Language of instruction is controlled by the player on every screen within the game, including text, audio and video content. It can be played in English, Lakota or flipping between the two. It is the second bilingual game in our Making Camp series.
Whether you are a Lakota speaker, a Lakota language learner or hearing Lakota for the very first time, Making Camp Lakota has something for you!
- Choose from “Numbers” to work on your math skills or “Life” to learn about traditional Lakota life on the plains.
- Choose from hands-on math activities where problems are randomly generated, so you can play them again and again.
- Learn and earn by watching videos on math and social studies.
- Customize your own virtual world, building and filling up your tipi with 20 different interactive items.
- All math items are aligned to state and national standards. Meets Common Core aligned.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s interesting to see an app that teaches in English and Lakota. My kids love Making Camp Ojibwe, so I offered this app as an extra game they can play. They were intrigued by the Lakota language as well. It’s still the same multiplication and division we are going over in class, but the language is a whole new one. Thumbs up!
Never seen a Lakota app before
Like the Making Camp app already, so it’s interesting that there’s a Lakota version. Great spin on the original and including another language to expose kids to. Thumbs up!
Good, but has a minor bug
I would give this 5 stars, but whenever I tap the finish game button, it just doesn’t do anything. Really good otherwise.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.