The best-selling Princeton field guide to the land and marine mammals of the United States and Canada is now available in digital form on the App Store.
All the beautiful and accurate illustrations as well as the easy-to-use functionality of the book have been kept while also adding extra features such as:
● The ability to expand the high-resolution images by tapping or rotating the device.
● Photographs that complement the illustrations of certain species.
● Calls for over 150 species (including multiple calls for some species).
● Quick swiping through the 459 mammals.
● The ability to easily find a species using either common or scientific names and in taxonomic or alphabetic order.
● The ability to only show species for a specified postal code.
● A compare feature that lets you view two species at the same time on the same screen.
● Interactive tracks that quickly link to the associated mammal.
● A personal record of mammal sightings that can be exported using email.
*Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list; it is recommended that you export the list regularly to avoid any loss of data.
Updated app for the latest iOS and devices.
Made the app "Universal" (runs on iPhone and iPad).
As with any update you may lose your "My List", please have a copy saved elsewhere.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was surprised having paid $10 that it is so limited!
Not worth the money
Example skunk, American hog-nosed. Range map is grossly inaccurate. Description either doesn’t include the numerous skunks I have seen or they haven’t seen a skunk. Drawing doesn’t match the skunks I regularly see or have seen. They show one major white stripe center of the back I see two white stripes on back more to sides. I have pictures. Don’t trust their naming conventions and the squirrel section is weak. I wanted an online guide but this isn’t it.
Bought the app and not very good. Drawings not real pictures and not very well put together. I want my money back. Don’t waste your time on this one
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.