Man Reader allows quick, convenient and easy access to the man pages on your system, useful for programmers, system administrators and tweakers.
Man pages provide the help needed to configure and use Unix commands and are usually accessed through Terminal, but this is a clumsy and inconvenient way to view the pages.
• List the man pages on your system.
• Show only pages in a selected section.
• Search for a man page by name.
• Bookmark your favorite pages.
• Jump to sub-sections in a page.
• Live links to 'See Also' entries.
• Search for text within a page.
• Display man pages in text or HTML (different pages look best in different formats).
• See and use your History of recently viewed pages.
• Add your own custom notes to any man page.
• Choose a font and font sizes for the display.
• View the app's custom man page for help.
• Extensive support for keyboard operations.
• Open multiple tabs or windows.
• Add custom search locations.
This is the long-awaited major update to Man Reader.
It is completely re-written using modern styling and practices.
As well as the functionalIty of the old Man Reader, this version allows for multiple tabs or windows.
Extensive keyboard support means that you should never need to take your hands off the keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this all the time worth every penny paid for it.
Not a necessity, but this makes reading the manual _so much_ easier. Worth its price.
Great little app!
Love it for remembering some unix commands and learning new ones!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sarah Reichelt
- 4.2 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2023 Sarah Reichelt, TrozWare.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.