Mental health for today's family
Manatee is here to help your family grow closer together and thrive! We empower parents and kids with resources to learn more about each other, build healthy habits, tools to cope with big feelings, and connect more deeply.
Every family can benefit from Manatee, but especially if:
- The harmony in your family feels off…
- Day-to-day activities are a struggle
- You’re worried about your kid, but not sure what is ‘normal’
- You feel like you’re just surviving… not thriving!
- You could use some support, but don’t know where to start
- You just want to be the best parent you can be!
Are you looking for a little more?
You’d like to explore family or child therapy? Parent coaching? No need to look any further!
You can match with a licensed therapist as soon as TODAY.
Families who need additional support have NO WAITLIST access to a team of family experts, like licensed therapists and parent coaches and will continue to use our app to supercharge your family’s treatment, too.
- Goals: Build healthy habits as a family. Encourage kids to build their self-esteem, give them tools to work on big feelings, and more.
- Rewards: Fun family rewards that will help you celebrate success.
- Chatbot: Built to interact with your kid and provide mindfulness exercises.
- Journal: A safe space for kids to untangle their thoughts.
- Courses: Lessons developed by experts and loved by parents.
- Family connection: Come together as a family and learn something new about each other!
Families in our clinical care also have access to the following features:
- Instant messaging with their team of care coordinators, therapists or coaches.
- A treatment plan with goals tailored for their family’s needs.
- Regular check-ins and assessments to track progress.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Your family can use Manatee independently. It’s pretty simple: download the app and add your kid(s) and any co-parents or caregivers to your account. Then set up your goals, rewards, and maybe pick a self-guided course, and you’re good to go!
But… If you feel like your family needs more support, then we’ve got your back there, too. The Manatee app works best as a companion to our Family Care model! Here’s how that works:
1. Book your consult
Have a free 20-minute call with a family expert so we can get to know your family. If it’s a good fit, we’ll schedule your intake session.
2. Assessment and intake
After you complete your assessment, you’ll review your results with your therapist, discuss your family’s unique needs and create your 6-week care plan together.
3. Start your 6-week care plan
It’s time to get your family’s groove back! Our care plan includes weekly therapy/coaching sessions and our family app that helps put your hard earned knowledge into practice.
Ratings and Reviews
Am an adult but wanted to use this
I’m a college student but I really liked the idea of a points system as well as the happy art style. A lot of mental health apps for adults take themselves very seriously and the idea of an art style that makes me smile and a system that feels low-stakes but with clearly defined goals and rewards is very appealing. However, I don’t see any way to do this short of adding myself as a child and then signing in/out every time I wanted to change something? Still giving 5 stars because this is something I wish I’d had when I was a kid.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Reading this note made our team's day.
You are right. We do have a standalone account (without a 'parent view'), but only if you are connected with a therapist or provider. If you are, just let us know by emailing email@example.com.
If not, to make switching back and forward between parent and child views easy, we did launch the account switch feature. You just go into settings and tap 'Switch to child account', this should make your experience more streamlined vs. logging in and out.
Never experienced anything like it!
This is such an awesome way to look at treating mental health! I’ve seen lots of goal-oriented mental health ideas, but nothing like this where you ACTUALLY let your child have autonomy over their mental health journey. I’ve seen some pretty significant progress come out of using this app and am soo glad it’s something that has actually been helping.
Also the team is really quick to help out with any questions I’ve had so it’s great to see there’s people behind it who just really want to help. Oh and not to mention that the app is just gorgeous and super fun to be on!!
The Manatee app has been an amazing tool for our family during the pandemic. I started using Manatee in July when I noticed that social isolation was really taking a toll on my kids. The goals on Manatee really helped my kids (and me) practice self-care and I’ve seen a huge difference!!
Feeling grateful for the renewed sense of connection and well-being we’ve found through this app :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Manatee, Inc.
- 42.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2023 Manatee Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.