Connect with your kid. See progress. Grow together.
Download Manatee and join our evidence-based courses to help families conquer anxiety, depression, ADHD, general stress and more.
Called “groundbreaking” and “first of its kind” by parents and at least two teenagers who didn’t roll their eyes ;)
Be your kids’ ally in their mental health journey
Use goals and rewards to show progress
Practice coping skills like journaling
Learn via courses for parents and kids
Manatee is a family-first mental health app, designed for kids and families living in the modern world. We are engaging, comprehensive, evidence-based and most importantly, designed to get results.
The app and our programs drive emotional well-being by supercharging skills to build healthy family relationships and resilience.
Features of the app include:
* Goals - choose from our library of evidence-based goals or set your own to work on. If working through the course, Manatee will assign parents and kids their weekly goals, no-brainer.
* Rewards - talk with your kid to come up with the rewards that will be most exciting and motivating for them and celebrate their goal successes.
* Chatbot - interacts with your kid to provide exercises based on cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness
* Journaling - kids use helpful prompts to write and share their feelings daily
* Learnings - 6 weeks of self-guided lessons to help your family conquer anxiety including weekly content, activities, and more!
* Check-ins - for children over 12, regular short surveys assess how they are doing and progressing
* Include co-parents - it takes a village to raise a kid so you can add as many “co-parents” as you wish to the same kid account. This could be a co-parent, nanny, grandparent...you get the idea.
***Celebrate progress and build confidence***
All kids who complete the learning course will get their own pet manatee with a state-of-the-art indoor aquarium. Kidding...bonus points for reading this far though!
How does it work?
Parents, install the app on your device first and sign up for our first anxiety course (more courses to come!)
Next, add your kid (or kids) to your account and then install it on their device or a family device.
Set goals, choose fun rewards and you’re ready to go!
Manatee is trusted by top pediatric hospitals and community mental health centers. Manatee is advertisement-free and HIPAA compliant.
Follow @getmanatee on instagram, twitter, and facebook to stay updated.
Security updates and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Never experienced anything like it!
This is such an awesome way to look at treating mental health! I’ve seen lots of goal-oriented mental health ideas, but nothing like this where you ACTUALLY let your child have autonomy over their mental health journey. I’ve seen some pretty significant progress come out of using this app and am soo glad it’s something that has actually been helping.
Also the team is really quick to help out with any questions I’ve had so it’s great to see there’s people behind it who just really want to help. Oh and not to mention that the app is just gorgeous and super fun to be on!!
Am an adult but wanted to use this
I’m a college student but I really liked the idea of a points system as well as the happy art style. A lot of mental health apps for adults take themselves very seriously and the idea of an art style that makes me smile and a system that feels low-stakes but with clearly defined goals and rewards is very appealing. However, I don’t see any way to do this short of adding myself as a child and then signing in/out every time I wanted to change something? Still giving 5 stars because this is something I wish I’d had when I was a kid.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Reading this note made our team's day.
You are right. We do have a standalone account (without a 'parent view'), but only if you are connected with a therapist or provider. If you are, just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If not, to make switching back and forward between parent and child views easy, we did launch the account switch feature. You just go into settings and tap 'Switch to child account', this should make your experience more streamlined vs. logging in and out.
The Manatee app has been an amazing tool for our family during the pandemic. I started using Manatee in July when I noticed that social isolation was really taking a toll on my kids. The goals on Manatee really helped my kids (and me) practice self-care and I’ve seen a huge difference!!
Feeling grateful for the renewed sense of connection and well-being we’ve found through this app :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Manatee, Inc.
- 32.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2022 Manatee Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.