Polygon reduction tool for 3d game developers and 3d artists!
It can generate high quality LOD with very low triangles count, this is very important for mobile games.
It can import FBX, DAE, OBJ, DXF and 3DS files, and export FBX, DAE, OBJ, DXF files.
- Generate LOD levels for both static meshes and skinned/rigged meshes.
- Automatically protect UV boundaries and material boundaries.
- Protect all open boundaries or smartly merge some smooth parts of open boundaries.
- Protect all blend shapes.
- Super fast, it can simplify 50,000 triangles per second.
- Simplify multiple parts of 3d model with different qualities.
- Preview final effect in real time.
- Can simplify huge 3d models.
- Supports vertex color map(Red channel) as detail map.
This is the standalone version for 'Mac App Store', we also have a complete product line for Unity, visit our web site to learn more.
Our web site: www.mesh-online.net
This version supports vertex color map(Red channel) as detail map, but the app does not contain a built-in vertex color painter.
To use the detail map feature, you need to paint vertex color with other 3d softwares, such as Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, etc.
Ratings and Reviews
Mesh polygon reducer
This product does exactly what one would expect. It loads in a mesh in FBX, OBJ or some other forrmat. It lets you tinker with the quality to reduce the polygon count. It gives a decent instant preview of the reduced mesh. It exports the mesh in FBX, OBJ or some other format.
It is quick and simple. It does not have a lot of complicated features. It does a good job of what it is supposed to do.
It seems to work best with FBX format which combines geometry and texture information. It shows texture mapped previews with FBX, but not OBJ. The polygon reduction does a good job of preserving the UV mapping. The resulting FBX has obviously been passed through a piece of software with some texture and material renaming. It tries to maintain the original hierarchical structure, but it adds some elements, so the ordering is maintained, but mapping is not exactly 1:1.
All told, a great product for game makers, animators, designers and other 3D mesh users who would like their models to use fewer polygons.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WANG MINGFEN
- 11.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 Mesh Online
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.