ManUniCast is a weather and air-quality forecasting app for everyone, including weather nerds. Delivering direct output from leading computer forecast models for the UK and Europe, ManUniCast is an educational tool for students and the general public to learn about and experience weather and air-quality forecasting in an easy-to-use app. These are the same models used by professional meteorologists and scientists to forecast and research the weather and air quality!
Choose one of three forecasts, updated once a day:
• weather over North Atlantic Ocean and most of Europe
• weather over the United Kingdom and Ireland
• air-quality over the United Kingdom and Ireland
View forecasts for the next two days of:
• precipitation (simulated radar imagery)
• cloud cover (simulated satellite imagery)
• surface air temperature
• surface winds
• sea-level pressure
• particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.5, including PM2.5 black carbon)
• carbon monoxide
Options for advanced users include:
• 500-millibar height, absolute vorticity and winds
• convective available potential energy (CAPE)
• potential vorticity on the 320 K potential temperature surface
Developed by the Centre for Atmospheric Science and the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences eLearning Team at the University of Manchester, ManUniCast uses the Weather Research and Forecasting model and its chemistry companion (WRF and WRF-Chem), which are the most popular forecasting model used by thousands of researchers around the world.
For more information about ManUniCast and how forecasts are made, as well as dozens of other forecasts, visit manunicast.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very hard to read at a glance
Not at all clear nor easy to identify specific countries.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.