Manything stands for Monitor Anything…and that's exactly what you can do with our app!
Manything lets you give a spare iPhone or iPad a new lease of life - just download the Manything app on your spare device to turn it into an instant home security camera.
- Easy set up
- Live video streaming
- Motion alerts
- Two way talk
- Adjustable detection zones and camera sensitivity
- IFTTT smart home integration
- Easy clip sharing and downloading
- Optional cloud storage plans to watch past video events and save them to the Manything cloud
Simply install Manything on your spare device, select "Camera" mode and press record. Then download Manything to your main phone or tablet which you carry with you and select "Viewer". It's that simple, now you can watch your camera from anywhere!
(Manything requires iOS 6 and above to operate in camera mode and iOS 8 and above to operate in viewer mode.)
On our free plan you can use 1 spare device as a Manything camera - you can receive motion/sound alerts and watch your camera live stream! Want to use more than 1 device, watch past video events and save video to the Manything cloud? Upgrade to a monthly subscription plan from just $3.99/month:
- 1 camera, 2 days cloud recording $3.99
- 1 camera, 30 days cloud recording $7.99
- 2 cameras, 2 days cloud recording $6.99
- 2 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $12.99
- 5 cameras, 2 days cloud recording $12.99
- 5 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $25.99
If you choose to upgrade, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the point of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in your App Store settings which can be found in your phone or tablet settings menu. The current month cannot be cancelled once it has started.
Updated to fix a bug which was causing the app to crash when the 'talk' feature was used on iOS 12 - thanks to the users who let us know about it :)
Ratings and Reviews
(UPDATE) I created an account
I downloaded Manything to my phone & an old iPad. I created an account. I thought I would use this set up as a security camera. I logged into manything on my phone... I’ll repeat. I am logged into manything on my phone RIGHT NOW... so naturally I went to log in on my old iPad using the same account. On the iPad, it claims the account I am currently logged into on my phone, doesn’t exist. I double checked my credentials. I input the correct email & password, but only one device is recognizing my account. I’ll try again tomarrow, but if I can’t log in on at least 2 devices, manything is useless to me.
UPDATED ... 8 hours passed (overnight). Manythings on the iPad now recognizes my account. I’m raising my star review to 3 as the app appears to be functioning well enough, with no issues (so far). I have been able to monitor one room from my phone, I’ll be adding a second room shortly. I don’t anticipate any further connectivity issues like I saw earlier.
I’m now mostly satisfied, though I still find Manythings to be lacking.
I had hoped to find a Manythings app for AppleTv, so I can monitor multiple rooms from there... without luck.
I’m deducting one star for slowness to become usable (a ‘monitor’ without a ‘camera’ is useless. I had to wait overnight to set up a camera for the purpose of monitoring.)
I’m deducting one star because there’s no AppleTv app. I’d much rather use my Tv as the monitor I view my informal security camera system from.
Great idea, but terrible outcome.
This app is a great idea. Turning any old phone or tablet into a ho e security camera. Very nice idea. This app does have a few problems though.
1. This app kinda lied about the supported devices. For instance, I wanted to use my very nice iPhone 3GS as a home security camera and it was running iOS 6.1 and it should be supported with this app. Turns out, it’s not. In the app description it says that you can use any device with iOS 6 or later but when trying to download the app, a notification said that I needed iOS 8. Very disappointing.
2. Payment. At first I thought this was the greatest thing ever. I thought the app was free or you would make a one time payment when you buy the app. But I was wrong. You actually need to pay for how many days you want to use this app. (Sort of like a phone bill) it’s very annoying.
So that’s why this app deserves a 2 Star Review. It’s a good app idea, but it’s also terrible.
[Updated] No longer working on iPhone 3GS
[Update] When I last tried Manything on my 3GS in November, it would not work, however it appears to be working fine now, not sure what changed. The app has worked well in the past and because of the developers quick response I changed my review to 5 stars.
Original review: I have two iPhone 3GSs that I used as cameras for awhile, but it seems that something has broken it on them. They will still send alerts when they detect motion, but I cannot view live video from them anymore. The app can't be updated on iOS 6 anymore, so it's not like an update broke it, it must be a problem on their end. If they can fix it on older phones I will change the review to 4 stars
Developer Response ,
[Update] Thanks for giving us 5*'s - glad it is working well now!
Hi there - sorry you've had problems with your 3GS, Manything should definitely work on those devices. Please can you pop us an email on email@example.com and state the email address associated with your account? Our support team will be able to look into the problem and get you back up and running!
- Manything Systems Ltd
- 72.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Manything Systems Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 2 days cloud for 1 camera $3.99
- Manything 2 day cloud recording for 2 cameras $6.99
- Manything 30 day cloud recording for 1 camera $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.