Measure distance, perimeter and area on a map. Add stand alone points to understand better what is where on a map. Capture photos stamped with location, direction, altitude and time. Share and export your projects.
Planimeter app will be useful for measuring construction sites, roofs, lawns, fences, paving, pools, parking lots, fields and paths. Or even for just putting stand alone points on a map.
Where this planimeter app stands out?
- Precise control of the planned/measured area. As you move a map, the app will show you what area/distance is going to be and what would be the size of adjacent lines. Even before you add a new point.
- Native Google maps support adds extra zoom-in ability for satellite and hybrid maps.
- Every point can have its own color and have text, audio and image attached.
- You can move point directly on a main map screen (tap on a point and pick Move option) or in the dedicated point editor screen. Again, before you confirm the move you know perfectly what the resulting area/perimeter/distance will be.
- You can hide/show shapes and point collections. This way you can focus only on what is important for the current project.
- Flexible units of measurement allow you to configure when display of feet or meters changes to miles and kilometers. Same for area units.
- Custom url, offline and import maps. Apple maps and Google maps are built into the app. And then, you can add other maps. The app supports adding custom url maps, downloading offline maps or importing maps (mbtiles, sqlitedb) that you might have crafted on your PC or Mac.
- Kmz export and import option allows to transfer shapes and point collections in their entirety, including images and audio notes. This allows you to continue working on your project on different devices.
Basic version allows you to create unlimited number of points and temporary measurement shapes (areas or routes), so you can measure with no limits. To add a new shape to measure, you just discard the previous one.
Pro pack upgrade adds:
- Google and custom url, offline, imported maps support. Google maps adds extra zoom ability for satellite and hybrid maps.
- Ability to save multiple point collections/shapes.
- Import and export for a single point and whole shapes/collections.
- Saving and sharing a map snapshot, the one that shows only the objects that you created on a map - buttons and tools removed.
Pro Pack upgrade is a one off upgrade, no subscription or recurring charges are involved.
Use MENU (hamburger) button > DOCUMENTATION or SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK options to get help. Just in case, support email is email@example.com. All emails are answered within hours or up to 9 hours if they come during CET/EU night time.
Wishing your happy measuring!
Planimeter 55 team.
New options for images and photos:
・New 'Camera' menu item allows to take photos overlayed with location, date and notes.
・Point images can be stamped with location, date, note, shared separately or saved into photo library.
・'Select All' option when selecting multiple points.
・Tap on a point on a map will show a small image preview if point has an image attached. Tap on an image to open its full screen preview with options to annotate and add notes.
We would be honored if you find a minute to support the app with your kind review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
- Kalimex-Consulting s.r.o.
- 62.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @blocoware, Kalimex-Consulting s.r.o & Stanislav Dvoychenko
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.