Track and map every hike with MapMyHike. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new hiking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long hike or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked hike and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to hike, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each hike.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyHike app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION ATHLETES
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR HIKES FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your hiking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyHike.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyHike is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal.
In this release:
After saving a workout, you'll now see your workout details. You can still access your Activity Feed by tapping on the Feed icon on the far left of the bottom tab bar.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Note to developer
Love love love this app. Use it to track all my hikes and I love that they have added a water feature.
I am having a problem where my app stops tracking my hike. Today on my hike I would start the hike and lock the screen. Then a few minutes later I would check back and it wasn’t tracking me at all. When I reopened the app it would reload, as if the app had been closed, but still open the hike I was tracking (just drawing a straight line to my new location from the last location). It happened three times. I’m not sure if the app is crashing, or I’m pausing by accident.
Big Springs Loop
I first started hiking, biking, and skiing this trail over 40 years ago. I can’t do the biking and skiing anymore but I can still sure enjoy hiking the trail. It’s great to have a trail 20 minutes from home that I can enjoy any time of the year. You can make it as easy or as long as you want especially when you’re biking. We built 2 half mile sections so that we could ride a double loop. The Shingle Mill trail The forest service bill unfortunately is badly washed out now. There is an acceptable connecting trail that you can ride. It surprises me to be up here on a Saturday morning and not see a biker.
Frustrating app but a lot to like
There’s a lot to like about what this app does but the developer does a very poor job integrating the data rendering it mostly useless
The integration with apples HealthKit is poor as other apps rarely pick up the data
It seems that UA is storing your hike on their server instead of your phone
You would think that would mean that the data integrates with their other apps well but it doesn’t. The calorie count almost never shows up in My Fitness Pal. Why almost never?
Integration with Apple Watch is also poor. If you use the buttons on the watch to pause it doesn’t pause on your phone. It seems your watch and phone are tracking the hike separately
Aside from the fact that this app doesn’t cooperate with its sister apps, HealthKit, or your watch (all apparently due to bugs). It would be nice to be able to edit your hike for the times when you forget to end the hike in the app and you drive away adding significant miles to your hike and messing up your times ( or you end the app on your watch but the phone keeps tracking)
For all the good things in this app the developer does a really poor job of making it truly useful
- Under Armour, Inc.
- 321.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Under Armour Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual MVP $29.99
- Monthly MVP $5.99
- Monthly MVP $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.