... a must-have app - 5/5 stars! (connect magazine)
... among the 11 most important business apps!
Get MapAlarm today! The smart location-based reminder & social mapping tool is your all-in-one mapping solution:
* create location based reminders
* store & share your favorite locations
* share your position & tell your friends where you are via text, email or Twitter
* share locations via text, email or Twitter
* enjoy high resolution OpenStreetMaps as well as classic iOS maps
* once downloaded OpenStreetMaps are available offline
* zoom in with 1-finger double taps & zoom out with 2-finger double taps
Let your iPhone / iPad remember locations and tasks for you. Share your places with just a few taps!
* remember a cool spot (restaurant, store, sight ...) as you pass by and you'll never again have a hard time trying to recall where it was
* set an alert at the cheapest GAS STATION & don't forget to fill up for less
* collect your clean CLOTHES at the laundry you pass anyway while returning home
* place a reminder at your local ATM & never run out of CASH again
* save tourist SIGHTS in MapAlarm before going traveling - MapAlarm will show you where they are & remind you whenever you get close
* tell your friends where that great new restaurant is with just a few taps
* show where exactly you’re sitting in a park with GPS precision by text, email or Twitter
* mark DANGEROUS SPOTS in rivers like waterfalls before going canoeing
* place a MapAlarm at your DESTINATION when traveling by train or bus - don't oversleep the STATION where you have to get off
MapAlarm will help you whenever it comes to remembering places, sharing them & getting things done at certain locations.
PLEASE NOTE that for best results WIFI should be enabled. You needn't be connected to a wifi, of course - just leave the switch on.
MapAlarm will remind you even if your iPhone/iPad is idle or if you’re currently using a different app. Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
DON'T WORRY about battery life! GPS is turned OFF by default. The arrow icon on top of your screen does not indicate that GPS is turned on but only location services in general. While in background MapAlarm uses battery-friendly wifi / cell tower positioning.
Your FEEDBACK is greatly appreciated! If you'd like to suggest a new feature or need help using MapAlarm - just contact us:
Twitter: @MapAlarm (follow for news & usage hints)
Have fun with MapAlarm!
- compatibility with iOS7
- stability improvements
Please note that this update is MANDATORY for running MapAlarm smoothly on iOS7. It's recommended to install it right away & launch the new version of MapAlarm at least once before updating to iOS7.
Thanks for your great feedback!
Please support us with a favorable rating on the AppStore and update your earlier ratings. Positive reviews increase future sales & make it possible to provide you with updates for free.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A nice way to remember and recall your favorite locations.
I've tested a dozen apps of this type, and this is the only one I've found that both works reliably in the background and doesn't drain my battery. (iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.2.1, app setting power mode "when locked or in background", alarm distance: 500m. I charge every night, but only at night.)
When I loaded the app, I gave it location services permission, but it still loaded a map of Berlin. I try using the crosshair button, but it does not show my current location. I can search for a location nearby and see that it has a pin at my current location, however, it still will not snap to my location when I hit the crosshairs, which is what I would expect. It also will not let me set an alarm for my current location, which would be useful. If these issues were fixed, I'd be willing to pay for this application.
The developer, KicksApps GmbH, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.