Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro is the most INNOVATIVE and EXTENSIVE music tool for musicians out there. This app is invaluable for students of all levels, as well as professional performers, composers, arrangers, and teachers. There are plenty video tutorials and an online manual accessible within the app.
Play-along, Practice Improvisation. Reharmonize any song with the tap of a button. Create 12-keys workouts to practice.
Print Scores with Full Harmonic Analysis, or just as the chord changes or Export as MIDI
Play-along in different styles with the option to personalize chord voicings, styles including several piano comping, bass lines and rhythm variations to choose from. The only play-along that uses functions and chord-chordscales pairings to create the accompaniment track.
Map templates with different styles from Jazz to Traditional Harmony and Contemporary Harmony.
The app comes loaded with jazz workouts, jazz harmony, traditional harmony and jazz standard progressions.
Also available on mDecks.com ready to import into the app: 1000+ Jazz Standards Progressions, 1000+ Jazz Standards Reharmonized and The complete Bird Bebop Progressions. All fully analyzed by savvy musicians with tons of experience.
Study Tonal Harmony like never before! Learn all functions and cadences in all keys.
Write your own music using a map that reveals the secrets of tonality.
Use it as a Fake Book on your gig or Practice Improvisation on Jazz Standards and Jazz Workouts.
You can do all this and much more with Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro. You will not find anything like this on the market today.
This app is a no-brainer for musicians and music teachers.
Some reviews of Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro:
"...This app wins our strongest recommendation for an app so far." - Berklee Groove
"...an app that blew my mind." NoteTreble
"If only Brian Wilson had this music app when he ..." - FeedmyApp
"I've been looking for a harmony/chords/tonal app that is functional, deep enough, and with a great interface. Well, I'm not looking any further. This app just blew me away... " - KVR
"...an App I’d never teach high school (or college) music theory without!"
"An innovation beneficial to students, teachers, and composers alike..." - NoBrainerAppReviews
So, what can you do in Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro?
• Create Harmonic Progressions and Songs.
• Load Chord Progressions, Songs & Jazz Standards.
• Study Harmony from the Beginning, to the most Advanced concepts used by Bach, Beethoven, Bill Evans and John Coltrane.
• Practice Ear Training and Learn Functions in every Key
• Practice Improvisation using it as a Play Along
• Study Jazz Standards
• Study Classical Pieces
• Learn Classical Functional Notation
• Learn Jazz Functional Notation and Arrows and Brackets Analysis
• Learn Voicings & Voice Leading
• Study Modulations: Common Tone, Common Chord & Direct
• Learn ALL harmonic functions and cadences in ALL Keys in Major and Minor
• Study Bass-lines and Chord Inversions, and how to notate them in different styles
• Chord-Scales for every function
• Learn classical concepts such as the Neapolitan 6, the German augmented six, secondary dominants, etc
• Learn jazz concepts such as the SubV7, the related IIm7, the passing half diminished, etc
• EXPORT MIDI
• Create and Print Scores & Workout Sheets in any key, notated as Chord Progression and/or Functionally
• Transpose the Map to fit your instrument’s transposition
• Balance voices independently and concentrate in the study of Bass-Lines, Inner-Lines and any other combinations
• Work in THREE different modes: Browse Mode, Progression Mode, Audio Mode
• Create Progressions using Song Structure with Section, Repeats, Intros, First Endings and Exits
• Teach your Harmony Class with ease using your favorite audio tracks, performers and composers
• HUNDREDS OF PRE-LODADED progressions with standard cadences, jazz workouts, jazz standard, pop/commercial progressions, turn-arounds and audio examples.
The Jazz Standards 1000 ADD-ON now contains 1300+ Jazz Standards Progressions (an entire new volume)
New chord/chord-scales pairings.
New REBUILD CATALOG button to refresh the list of songs in your catalog (very useful when importing xmls songs from the macOS version of Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro)
Now you can DELETE any song from within the catalog
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Reuse in-app content that is already purchased
Hi mDecks, I wrote you an email 2 days ago but haven't received your response yet, so I write it here to catch your support.
I am a customer of the iOS version of Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro. I love the sound of the app, but it's unfunctional without 1300+ Jazz
compositions. Unlike the competitor iReal Pro, the content isn't free here, force me to make an in-app purchase. In my opinion, $20 is expensive to put on top of the app price that is already expensive. But anyway, I purchased and felt that it's totally worth my $20.
Now, suppose that I want buy a Mac version, or if I want to have my friend trying the app via Family Sharing, can I share the 1300+ Jazz without having to re-purchase them?
Note that I have NO INTENTION to SHARE YOUR HARD WORK freely on the Internet. This is very personal to my situation. Consider that the app + content are expensive (but worthy), spending $20 for the same content is a real burden to me. Currently, I can't find any solution, I only see that you are selling it as
Is it possible for me to reuse the very same content I purchased for? It does not matter if the method only works for my account and not for others, because I will not share your work freely anyway.
Also, if you have no solution, please let me know too. You can find the very same email comtent. Please reply me via that email.
Thanks for your consideration.
Developer Response ,
Sure, send me an email to mdecksmusic@gmail and I will send you a download link for the 1300+ Jazz Standards in XML for your macOS version
A brilliant app. I wish I had something like this when I was in college. Just a few hours with it has changed the way I see hramonic functions. Very useful.
Fabulous composition tool
I wish I would have had this app years ago when I first started studying composition.
Starting with a key and simple diatonic chords, you can explore chord changes through related keys, borrowing chords from other keys, easily auditioning different ideas. You can also put together a chart with your chord changes, then have the app play back your progression with accompaniment (piano/bass/drums) in multiple different styles, with different variations every time. It’s like having a skilled backup band to instantly play through your changes. Once you have something you like, you can easily export to a DAW like Cubasis.
The developer is very responsive. I’ve emailed him several questions about various features and he’s been back to me with informative answers promptly.
I was a bit put off when first installing the app, and it asked me to create a user ID for an online database. I realized that all I needed to do was create a nickname and password - that was it. When I’m creating progressions, I simply mark them as ‘private’ and they are not shared with the community. But if you wanted to share them with other band members or students, you could easily do so.
I’m still exploring and learning, moving through the constellation of related chords and tools. The online database of chord changes is like a dictionary of familiar progression fragments, a very useful and inspirational resource.
- MDECKS MUSIC, LLC
- 233.6 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 mDecks.com
- In-App Purchases
- 1000+ Jazz Standards $19.99
- Target Notes $9.99
- Upper Structures $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.