Get where you need to go with the MapQuest turn-by-turn GPS Navigation app. Whether it’s using voice navigation for walking or driving directions or exploring points of interests on the map, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate the United States and Canada.
Map and Navigation Features:
• Hands-free driving directions with Apple CarPlay Connectivity
• Up-to-date satellite imagery
• Turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking and driving directions
• Real-time traffic updates to help you find alternate ways to your destination
• Routes designed to help save you time, gas and money
• A speedometer so you compare your current speed to the speed limit along your route
• Favorites so you can store locations, like your home and work addresses, for quick-and-easy maps and directions
• Route choices so you have more suggestions to get where you need to go faster
• Route options that help you avoid things like highways and toll roads
• Multipoint routes so you can include more than just one stop
• Planning: create routes starting from somewhere other than your current location
Do More than Get Directions:
• Search and explore nearby points of interest like restaurants, bars, gas stations and hotels, with our layers bar
• Find great hotel deals and book them directly from within the MapQuest: Maps & GPS Navigation app
• Feed your inner foodie and discover new places to eat: browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub points of interest
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• View local weather so you can plan ahead
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thanks for using MapQuest! This release contains some crash fixes and bugfixes.
We've recently redesigned our navigation infrastructure to bring you better and more accurate routes. Please upgrade to version 6.2 or later as soon as possible, as we won't be able to support older versions of the app much longer.
Have a problem? Email us at email@example.com or visit https://help.mapquest.com
Ratings and Reviews
MapQuest is better than google maps
I can use my fingers to pinch and move the map around in circles, side ways etc like Apple Maps that’s in my iPhone. Google maps is difficult to do any of those finger gestures which is a pain when you are driving in the moment. Plus Apple Maps is a pain because it automatically switches routes on you as you drive further into your 1st route that you picked and it’s stressful! When I’m driving I know that I picked route #1 option and refused route 2 or 3 for reasons but Apple Maps will automatically switch the route even when you are trying to exit off or onto a freeway or major intersection which is dangerous!!! It never used to be like that. I can’t stand google maps on my iPhone. Google maps does better on a laptop for research if you’re looking into greater details for research of cities, driving distance, businesses in the area or trying to google drive in their map system to see what an area looks like virtually to plan your move or road trip in general. All in all, gonna try to use Mapquest in my car while driving more often than Apple Maps.
I like MapQuest better than the system in my car or Google maps because it gives me the option of 2 to 3 different routes to take. I can then see which route has the least traffic and select that one. The others only default to the one option and you get what you get.
Today I was coming home from Santa Fe Springs California to Ventura California. And The route that I chose had me go through the five freeway. However at a certain section when I had the option to choose the 101 or the five freeway it had me take the 101. I noticed that the 5 was at a dead stop at the intersection. All the 101 flowed. And then it had me take the next offramp and I was on city streets. I was a little confused but I thought I would go with it to see what happened. And what it did was it took me through non-congested city streets back onto the five freeway via the 110 freeway which eliminated me from having to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for quite a distance. That I thought was a winner!
Developer Response ,
That's so great to hear! Thanks for the review. *AW
Good and awful
While Mapquest rescued me from Siri’s outrageous blunder, it got the destination wrong too. All the while, since I was so happy Mapquest got me on the right track, I did start wondering why this road, that road, etc. it finally hit me something was very wrong. I manually entered my destination in WV. I pulled off the road and tried to communicate like you can with Siri but couldn’t. While going through the app looking for a way, my jaw dropped. I was on my way to a destination two hours from me. I looked to see Joe much further home is and it’s an hour. This nightmare started with Siri at 1:00 yesterday. I never made it to my dr until 6pm well after everyone went home because she gave me the scenic route. Then coming home I didn’t recognize so many places but she does take different routes a lot. Before I knew it, I’d been driving home for four hours in a two hour trip. I asked Siri how much longer to get home. One and a half hour. Well as I said, sort of the same thing happened with Mapquest and before I realized it, I found I had an extra hour before I would finally get home. 1pm yesterday and I’m writing this review on the spot I figured Mapquest out. (One hour from home) it is now 5:45 am. I haven’t been this angry in ages.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MapQuest Holdings LLC
- 160 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Indonesian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 MapQuest, Inc.