Get where you need to go with the MapQuest turn-by-turn GPS Navigation app. Whether it’s using voice navigation for walking or driving directions or exploring points of interests on the map, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate the United States and Canada.
Map and Navigation Features:
• Up-to-date satellite imagery
• Turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking and driving directions
• Real-time traffic updates to help you find alternate ways to your destination
• Live traffic cameras to help you plan a safer drive
• Routes designed to help save you time, gas and money
• A speedometer so you compare your current speed to the speed limit along your route
• Favorites so you can store locations, like your home and work addresses, for quick-and-easy maps and directions
• Route choices so you have more suggestions to get where you need to go faster
• Route options that help you avoid things like highways and toll roads
• Multipoint routes so you can include more than just one stop
• Planning: create routes starting from somewhere other than your current location
Do More than Get Directions:
• Search and explore nearby points of interest like restaurants, bars, gas stations and hotels, with our layers bar
• Find great hotel deals and book them directly from within the MapQuest: Maps & GPS Navigation app
• Feed your inner foodie and discover new places to eat: browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub points of interest
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This release includes some behind-the-scenes tweaks to keep everything running smoothly.
Love our app? Please rate us!
Have a question? Visit us at https://help.mapquest.com
Ratings and Reviews
MapQuest is better than google maps
I can use my fingers to pinch and move the map around in circles, side ways etc like Apple Maps that’s in my iPhone. Google maps is difficult to do any of those finger gestures which is a pain when you are driving in the moment. Plus Apple Maps is a pain because it automatically switches routes on you as you drive further into your 1st route that you picked and it’s stressful! When I’m driving I know that I picked route #1 option and refused route 2 or 3 for reasons but Apple Maps will automatically switch the route even when you are trying to exit off or onto a freeway or major intersection which is dangerous!!! It never used to be like that. I can’t stand google maps on my iPhone. Google maps does better on a laptop for research if you’re looking into greater details for research of cities, driving distance, businesses in the area or trying to google drive in their map system to see what an area looks like virtually to plan your move or road trip in general. All in all, gonna try to use Mapquest in my car while driving more often than Apple Maps.
I like MapQuest better than the system in my car or Google maps because it gives me the option of 2 to 3 different routes to take. I can then see which route has the least traffic and select that one. The others only default to the one option and you get what you get.
Today I was coming home from Santa Fe Springs California to Ventura California. And The route that I chose had me go through the five freeway. However at a certain section when I had the option to choose the 101 or the five freeway it had me take the 101. I noticed that the 5 was at a dead stop at the intersection. All the 101 flowed. And then it had me take the next offramp and I was on city streets. I was a little confused but I thought I would go with it to see what happened. And what it did was it took me through non-congested city streets back onto the five freeway via the 110 freeway which eliminated me from having to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for quite a distance. That I thought was a winner!
Developer Response ,
That's so great to hear! Thanks for the review. *AW
Good and bad
The good part was that while traveling there were several accidents that google maps told us would cause significant delays, but couldn’t/didn’t give us any alternative routes. Neither did Apple maps. Mapquest gave us the alternative and even alternatives to that route when it started getting backed up. Neither G nor A gave additional alternatives even once knowing we were on a different road.
The bad part is that the available map size was notably smaller than the others, jumped around more, took longer to get the info, and often the names of roads on the map were too small to read easily, and when the map was expanded the street name often disappeared rather than getting larger and more readable.
I find it easier to follow a map, especially if I’m navigating for another driver, rather than following verbal directions that assume you can estimate distances at 50-60 mph. All 3 of the map apps seem to want to jump to that too easily. I don’t know which did it the most, but I did find that with MQ it was difficult to get back to the map without deleting and then putting the destination back in and then at times it wouldn’t/couldn’t connect easily despite having service.
Developer Response ,
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. We know there is always room for improvement, so we’ll definitely make note of this and share it with our product team to see what they think. If you have any more great feedback or any questions, we’d love to talk. Please email us at email@example.com. Thanks! *AW
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MapQuest Holdings LLC
- 84.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Indonesian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 MapQuest, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.