Marcato allows you to create site-specific browsers on your iPhone. Marcato maintains separate cookies, local storage, and cache for each browser. The browsers live within the Marcato app. You can also add individual Marcato browsers to your home screen.
Use a site-specific browser to prevent, for example, your Facebook account from being tied to your other web browsing activity.
Are you constantly logging in and out of a web site using different accounts? With Marcato, you can create a separate browser for each account.
Create a site-specific browser for a financial account, and avoid logging in to that account from your primary browser. This limits your exposure to cross-site request forgery attacks.
Marcato supports the 1Password and LastPass iOS 8 extensions.
Email us at: email@example.com
The Story Behind Marcato:
I use Facebook to keep up with family and friends, but Facebook's approach to privacy gives me pause about running the Facebook app or logging in to Facebook with my primary browser. On the Mac I use a Fluid site-specific browser to visit Facebook, but there was nothing similar for iOS. I also prefer to use either a dedicated app or a site-specific browser when logging in to financial accounts. I use Fluid to do this on the Mac, but there was no similar offering for iOS. I decided to write one.
• Marcato browsers now support a full screen mode. As you scroll down a web page, the navigation bar and toolbar will slide away.
• Marcato now supports a URL scheme. You can open a browser using the URL com.goldenhillsoftware.marcato:///browsers/[browser name], replacing [browser name] with the name of your browser.
• The About screen now includes a Documentation area and an Acknowledgements area.
• Marcato now allows the Initial URL and the Included Hosts settings for browsers created from templates to be modified by the user.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice! And extremely useful.
This app allows you to make a dedicated browser session for a given site. So you can pin a website to your home screen through it, and will always open and the same tab again, rather than creating a new tab every time. If you've ever used Fluid on the Mac (or the site that creates a dedicated version of Chrome for a given site), you will know how useful this is. You can essentially turn a Web app into an app on your phone.
I would love to see this work on the iPad as well.
Brett Terpstra would approve. Fluid for iOS!
Works great! Love the dark theme btw. 👌🏻
Well worth the $4.99 price tag IMO.
Would love to see some built-in Adblock support. Fluid for iOS + no ads would be game-changing.
Keep it up dev! Will definitely be recommending this app to everyone I know.
Good - needs some love
Wanted and _almost_ got Fluid for iOS. It is a good start, useful app for sure.
Facebook is not working well, it seems to need some tweaking. Would also love to see it using the iOS 9 adblocker extensions.
- John Brayton
- 3.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2014-2015, Golden Hill Software, All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.