Marcel Art is the only fully mobile, artist-driven app that guides you through quickly creating your own digital portfolio, makes it easy to share with the world, and surfaces opportunities and other artists for you to interact with.
As artists, we created Marcel Art to include the tools we wanted for ourselves, because we know that life is always on-the-go. In between your day job and creating at the studio, it’s way too easy to get disorganized. We understand how important it is to make art, but what about all of the other work that goes along with it? Marcel Art is for artists, by artists, and we believe you should spend a lot less time documenting, editing, and sharing your artwork, and more time actually making it. It’s never been easier for artists to stay organized, share their work, find opportunities and make meaningful connections with other artists and art world experts. With Marcel Art, keeping up with your art career is intuitive, useful, simplified.
Get Marcel Art today, and simplify your art career using our unique features and flows:
Upload and organize your art: Upload all your artwork and metadata in seconds. Filter, edit and arrange your portfolio to fit your needs. Marcel Art helps you quickly upload any piece of art you care about - and as many pieces of information that you want to record about it, whether that be title, edition, size, availability, or location. Update these details as your artwork grows up - so your portfolio is always up-to-date.
- Share and promote it: Connect your Gmail account and share multiple artworks and their details with a two tap process. What’s more annoying than copying and pasting artwork details across multiple platforms just so you can plug that info into an email to look professional? With Marcel Art, your inventory and your email communications are linked via Gmail. Share single works or collections and choose which details you want to share with just a couple clicks.
- Track it: Track the provenance and performance of your artwork easily and on the go. We’ll track who you’ve sent artworks to, and when, and what they said in response. Oh, and also we’ll keep track of views and shares from your Public Gallery. Did we say you don’t have to open your computer ever again already?
- Grow it: Scroll through Marcel Art’s feed to see other artists’ work, interact, and get feedback on your own work. Stay updated with opportunities, grants and residencies, tutorials on how to optimize your social media presence, and seminars hosted by real art world gallerists, curators and collectors, all within the Feed.
-Promote your artwork on Instagram directly from Marcel
-New "quick upload" flow (less metadata input required)
-Improved artwork image upload speed
-New and improved Discover page with Artist Spotlights and Opportunities
-Bulk upload from desktop directly from your Dropbox and Google Drive!
Ratings and Reviews
This is an awesome APP! Thank you creators, for years I’ve been using alternative, unorganized ways to submit work to galleries, share work with clients and collectors. Often, files are too big or patrons are unable to open a file in one way or another. Marcel allows for easy sharing, great organization and high quality images of your work. I’m happy to have found this incredible resource.
Mostly great but still a work in progress.
My experience so far is excited because the idea is great and the need is real. Entering field data for location failed. The field is formatted for dollars just like the preceding field and appears to be copied because entering an amount in price fills both fields. Also, there needs to be something to prevent downloading of your art from the online gallery, similar to what Instagram does or a watermark feature on download. Also there is very little info. Is your art private without a link or can it appear in search results or browsed from their website? Still I like it and hope they continue to improve it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! I’m sorry to hear we’re not fully meeting your expectations.
We will take a look at the formatting of artwork metadata, as it sounds like it’s not intuitive and/or buggy.
We’ll investigate options for watermarking and improving our explanation of privacy. To clarify, the work that you include in your Public Gallery is available to anyone with the link, though we protect the hi-res image you've uploaded so they are not re-producible by others in the original format. Any artworks that you do NOT upload to Public Gallery are yours and yours alone, protected and unseen by Marcel users and the public.
Your feedback is what helps make the app better. We want to build a safe community for artists to thrive, so thank you for taking the time to guide us towards ways we can improve.
Great easy way to keep track of paintings
I love this app as it works across platforms. Once I load the information to my phone it’s accessible on my computer and on my iPad. It’s the one place I can keep an inventory of my paintings with pertinent information that I can easily refer to it anytime
- Marcel For Art Ltd
- 51.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Marcel For Art Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.