“He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.”
The war-game March of the Eagles focuses on the dramatic conflicts of Europe during 1805 to 1820. Explore one of the defining periods in European history with this experience crafted by the masters of Grand Strategy, Paradox Development Studio.
The makers of Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis now bring The Napoleonic War to life in this war-focused strategy game.
* Take command: Rise to power in the era of the Napoleonic Wars and move on to claim the control of Europe
* Lead your nation: Attack your opponents and defend your nation’s border while the tension rises. * Expand your nation with war, negotiation and keep your empire from falling apart
* Europe is at your feet: Explore a historical topographic map in full 3D with a complete view of Europe
* Command your troops: Use the combat order system and manage your troops to secure as much power as possible
* Experience true warfare: Organize your armies, manage logistics, raid your enemy's supply lines and set the strategy for your armies, fleets and more
* Use diplomacy: Form coalitions against other major powers
* Explore the new idea system: Embrace new technology, military tactics and economical organization
* Become the dominant power of Europe: Experience the Victory System that allows you to dominate the other powers on land and at sea
* Multiplayer: Battle against your friends in this heavily multiplayer focused game where you can engage in multiplayer for up to 32 players
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Mac OS X 10.7.5 or higher
2 GB RAM
Ati HD 2600 or better, Nvidia 8600 or better, Intel HD 3000 or better
500 MB HDD
Compatibility fixes for High Sierra
Ratings and Reviews
I Can’t Play This, Not Without Accessibility Fixes
The game is full of little flashing labels and zooming. I have sensory processing issues, and this makes it painfully hard for me to try to search the map.
I happen to really like indepth games that force you to manage a lot of resources. Typically these are the kinds of games that Paradox Interactive produces. This game tones down a lot of those features and simply focuses on a few main elements, manpower, military power and diplomacy. Its a great game to pass the time with while you try and conqure europe.
The only "negative" i would say is that I wish the game went longer. The time period is from 1804 to 1820 which seems to pass by rather quickly as you build you army and your diplomacy. The other thing I would say is theres no way to build "alliances"… rather you have puppet states and coalitions which are temporary alliances. Would be nice if you could build a coalition as a smaller nation.
But over all, well made and very fun.
Fully stable with update
Version 1.0.2 is fully stable. The game is a fantastic way to introduce yourself to Paradox's grand strategy vision. The nice thing about this game is that you can easily play it and enjoy it merely on the surface level; however, there is a lot more tinkering that you can do if you want to get into the nuts and bolts. Give it a go on easy to get an idea for the mechanics and then play around with the difficulty levels and the various countries, each of which has its own challenges.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.