Your money is at your fingertips with the Marcus app. Enjoy fast, easy access to your Marcus by Goldman Sachs® products including savings accounts, CDs and personal loans, in just a few taps. The Marcus app helps make banking easy: check your balances, track your progress, make transfers, payments, and more with quick access using Face ID® or Touch ID®. With a smart design, intuitive interface, and simple visualizations, this free app is another way we’re here to help you make the most of your money. This app is only available for U.S. based accounts.
Grow your money:
• Schedule and track deposits and withdrawals to and from your high-yield Marcus Online Savings Account.
• Manage the maturity of your Certificates of Deposit through the Maturity Center.
• Create and manage recurring transfers to automate your savings.
• Review recent savings transactions, track your transfers and see how much interest you’ve earned this year.
• Convenient access to monthly statements and tax documents.
Manage your loan:
• Check your remaining loan balance on your Marcus Personal Loan.
• Make a payment and schedule future payments.
• See what you’ve paid to principal versus interest.
• Enroll in and manage AutoPay.
Multi-level security features:
• Fast and secure account access with Touch ID® and Face ID®.
• Protected by 128-bit SSL encryption and multi-factor authentication.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs® is on your side:
• We’re backed by 150 years of Goldman Sachs’ financial expertise.
• All loans and savings products are provided by Goldman Sachs Bank USA.
• The Marcus app is brought to you by the creators of the Clarity Money budget manager.
• “Marcus by Goldman Sachs has excellent rates on its savings account and CDs.” – NerdWallet
• “Marcus by Goldman Sachs has been consistent about keeping its APY competitive in its savings account.” – Bankrate
• 4.8 out of 5 user rating for Marcus Personal Loans on CreditKarma.com
Marcus by Goldman Sachs® is a brand of Goldman Sachs Bank USA. All loans and deposit products are provided by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch. © 2020 Goldman Sachs Bank USA. All rights reserved. Member FDIC. Equal opportunity lender.
Face ID® and Touch ID® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
We’ve updated a few features to help improve your experience in the Marcus app.
Enjoying the Marcus app? We’d love to hear about it – leave us a rating or review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good App. Touch ID / Face ID Issue (FIXED 5/1/20)
It’s a good app. Only one issue about Touch ID/Face ID. I just spoke to Marcus customer service, after you log in, do not log out. If you do log out, next time you open the app, you have to log in manually again (enter your email & password, very annoying). Just close the app and after 3 - 5 minutes later, it will log you out. Next time you open the app, you will see a Touch ID/ Face ID prompt. Not sure why Marcus set it up this way. Other banking apps, you log out. Hopefully Marcus will fix this. I feel more secure if I can log out after using the app. Also, not sure why Marcus is making us create a 4 digit pin/passcode. We don’t need it for online, however we need it for the app login? Just make it simple like other banking apps, allow us to log out/sign out, allow us to log in using Touch ID/Face after logging out, and please get rid of the passcode.
UPDATE 5/1/20: Logging out/Touch ID/Face ID issues are fixed. Now it’s perfect. Thank you developers!
Finally, noticeable interest in the right direction!
I have been a Wells Fargo customer for many years. The only interest I had grown accustomed to seeing was the insane interest payments on my credit card. My Wells Fargo savings account interest gains were pennies and never came close to the ATM and foreign currency transaction fees. I have had my Marcus account only a month and already see the financial benefits. I know it’s only $30 or $40 bucks gain per month (for now) but it’s finally noticeable money in MY direction. Just waiting for your checking account and ATM cards!
Straightforward. VPN/Outside US issue.
The straightforward design is a welcome change from other banking apps that can look a bit bloated. Everything from finding information to transferring money is simple. I’m looking forward to a checking account and perhaps a brokerage account.
Edit: I removed a couple stars because it seems Marcus prevents you from using a VPN and/or logging in from outside the US. You can in fact make it to the home page, but you’ll be shown old information from the last time you logged in (without a VPN or in the US) and won’t be able to do anything. Oddly enough, it’s somewhat uneven. I can log in from a few foreign IPs but not my usual domestic IP. I use a VPN (in the US) for privacy, but I think it’s still crazy that if I ever want to visit anywhere outside the US, I would be cut off from my account.
I’m also at a loss as to why the need exists to prevent log-ins from outside the US. To create an account, you need an SSN or TIN, which generally means you are a US person. Is it to enforce the residency requirement? Most banks seem to do just fine with verifying residency without blocking VPNs.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.