MarginNote 3, all brand new e-reader to better study and digest your books
Integrating powerful tools for book annotation, mindmapping, flashcards and more, to build up your reading notes as never before.
Welcome to MarginNote. This is a highly powerful reading and study software and is applicable to Mac, iPad, and iPhone. By integrating the PDF/EPUB reader and multiple powerful study tools, MarginNote will enable learners to reorganize and connect knowledge from different aspects, then memorize and grasp it accordingly.
Whatever your profession, such as student, educator, researcher, lawyer, or life-long learner, you may annotate and take notes through MarginNote, organize notes via Mindmap and Outline, connect knowledge horizontally via Hashtag and raise memory effect via the Flashcards.
You will discover what MarginNote does is not to simply integrate these tools. Instead, it combines them deeply and skillfully, which makes it easier for users to toggle between different tools.
What’s New in MarginNote 3
* New and Clean UI Completely redesigned.
* Improved performance and Running more smoothly
* Support both Document Reading mode & Study Reading mode.
* Excerpts & Note-taking
* Enhanced Handwriting & apple-pencil support.
* Support TextBox on PDF.
* Support direct text-typing & sketching when editing note cards.
* Support Auto OCR when excerpting on scanned PDFs.
* Emphasis & Cloze
* Support direct emphasis in powerful Emphasis mode both on PDF or Outline.
* Support auto convert emphasis to Cloze in CardDeck.
* Support creating Image-Occlusion flashcards.
* Support both document tabs & split views to switch between documents.
* Auto grouping new excerpts by Document Table of Contents.
* Support new brach display mode: Framework.
* Swipe/Drag gestures to slide in/out Outline & Documents in Study mode.
* Enhanced grouped cut/paste, drag to merge,.. etc.
* Improved search and displaying keywords in results.
* Improved styles.
* View Flashcards in MindMap mode and Document mode.
* Enhanced Anki Export: Card styles, Image occlusions, Cloze
* Enhanced Research web browser.
* iCloud Sync
* Fixed several design issue in previous versions.
* More stable & improved performance.
* Separate categories for Document, Study and Review.
* Recover data from Trash and make data more safe.
* 14-days free trial.
MarginNote 2 features:
- Support PDF and EPUB format;
Annotating and NoteTaking:
- Support text highlight and rectangular highlight;
- Add notes directly at the page margin; the note editing area will not overlap with the book content at all;
- Text, voice, picture, sketching and many other forms of comments in note;
- Add hashtags to notes to facilitate the connection of notes;
Outline and Mindmap:
- Outline and Mindmap in one view;
- Create Outline tree by swipe gestures;
- Multi-selection editing such as group, merge, clone, etc;
- Quick searching and filtering according to colors, hashtags, books.
- Highlights and notes can be automatically turned into flashcards for review;
- Spaced repetition adopting the Anki-based algorithm;
- Switch to the linking book page at any time;
iPad Pro & Apple pencil:
- Split View of multiple tasks;
- High-precision drawing by Apple pencil;
- Fine tuned for Apple pencil;
- Keyboard shortcuts;
Import, Export and Sync:
- Import webpages and notes from Evernote;
- Export flashcards to Anki;
- Export Outline to OmniOutliner;
- Export Mindmap to iThoughts or MindManager;
- Export to Evernote;
- Export all the margin notes, MindManager, Outline and Pages to a printable PDF;
- Sync books¬es with iCloud;
- New handwriting engine accelerated using Metal technology.
- Support partial erase mode.
- Support for inserting pictures on PDF pages.
- Supports selecting and excerpting with your finger in Apple Pencil writing mode.
- Supports custom adding multiple pen shapes and free switching.
- Updated examples and guides.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bought two weeks ago and had to pay again and no way to use dropbox
Allows copying across a page but sticks in title with page break would be nice to chose page number or our own symbol or nothing. Selected text only goes to end of outline not where you’re at-even when the sort mode is page :( Why are we forced to use iCloud now to load docs. And the navigation of the side notes is improved but bad design. For example, there’s list mode at bottom which is a nice idea but how do you go back to mini card mode? Reach all the way up (not the same spot where list mode button was) but to the top drop down box. Really? We have to lift our hand up down up down???? I’m unbiased as I’m not used to the old way. pdf text extract is very good (could remove dashes at end of lines as 98% of time the pattern is “letter dash space” Making folders is nice as is moving documents into them. That’s improved. I don’t see how to unlink a node now in map mode. Bring back icon for view modes instead of menu and odd idea of study versus document mode. Did you take away export to dynamic html? That was very nice. Mad I had to pay twice. Once for pro and now this version (in 2 weeks). But is it worth it? IF THEY FIX THE BUGS.
My go-to app now for research, organizing content, summaries
I had used another app ‘fluid’ for reading research articles, underlining and extracting text for summary and study until they crippled this in the free version and increased price for the paid. This app is far beyond that with a superb design for reading, study, organizing spaces, excellent pdf to text extraction and linear or mind mapping ways to relate to the text extractions and your notes both within and between documents. There is a learning curve for use but much is accessible playing around as well. I will be watching videos to learn better use. I have a lot of PDFs stored in Evernote and this app can access and load from within the app. I have used on my my iPhone when my iPad was not available and it’s workable but it is much more useful on a bigger screen. I like it so much that purchased the paid version and might even cough up the larger additional fee for the MacBook version. One of the few apps that is worth the purchase price and more. Excellent!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments, we will do better.
Excellent concept, but it has some deficiencies
Excellent concept If the app were to work a little more, the tool would be perfect. Unfortunately, it has some deficiencies that, although they could be corrected, can easily cloud the performance of the app and cause a lot of inconvenience to the user. For example, synchronization between devices, iPhone and iPad, is quite problematic. Most of the time it does not synchronize properly, but days after use, and even weeks. Sometimes synchronization never occurs. There are other important faults. TAGS There is no way to create new Tags for the documents (not the notes) in MarginNote 3. ORDER OF THE NOTES. This feature sometimes works, sometimes not, especially, sorting by page order. MOVE. Something as basic as moving a file from one folder to another is torture. Most of the time it is not possible. IMPORT A WEB PAGE This is another torture. Sometimes you can, sometimes not. In short, the developer should work harder.
- Sun Min
- 245.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2019 Beijing YunSi Software Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full $12.99
- 14 days Free Trial
- Upgrade to Full $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.