THIS APP WILL BE DISCONTINUED!
> SEARCH this store for our “Boating Marine & Lakes” FREE app.
> Download it and get a 2-week trial of the subscription to check out the charts and features. Then subscribe.
Boating Marine & Lakes is a favorite among cruisers, anglers, sailors, and divers, with the same detailed charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters.
With "Boating Marine & Lakes" you will get:
>THE MOST DETAILED CHART LAYERS FOR OFFLINE USE - Nautical Chart, SonarChart™ and Community Edits. Plus, local information from the Garmin ActiveCaptain Community.
> DAILY CHART UPDATES, more than 2,000 every day!
> ADVANCED FEATURES like Dock-to-dock Autorouting, Advanced Map Options and more!
Search for “Boating Marine & Lakes” and discover more.
IMPORTANT: This is the last update for this app!
Continue getting our features and updates: switch to our NEW “Boating Marine & Lakes” app and keep all your charts and data, at no additional cost:
1. Update this app and open it.
2. Follow the procedure to download our NEW Boating app and transfer all your data to it.
Ratings and Reviews
Stockholm Sweden use on power and sail boats
This is a good app. We used it last year on a power boat on the iPad 1 with no gsm card installed. We were able to skip using the bulky charts on many occasions and instead relied on a marine gps and this app. The first iPad was a little slow but r
This year we are using the iPad 3 and it is so wonderful we even skipped the gps.
I am a current Navionics user having purchased maps and downloaded this App through iTunes for use on my iPad which I sync with my Raymarine E7 chart plotter. I have used the Caribbean, US, Canada and Europe Apps and have had a few issues I wanted to share....
1) After using the App (Europe HD for example) and adding a waypoint manually by entering the Latitude/Longitude the entered waypoint position is different (I.e. The waypoint is actually not at the entered position) than what was entered when the waypoint is checked. This is a serious issue for navigation. (Edited to add that the waypoint position error occurred when building a route using entered waypoints as stated above, in case that detail helps.)
2) In the left hand route bar, add the Lat/Lon in a display for each waypoint on a route. This would help users plot waypoints that appear on charts or manually on their chart plotter when the app fails to sync automatically.
3) My Apps fail to sync and share routes when connected to my Raymarine E7 chart plotter. Both the App, the maps and the chip in the chart plotter are current, subscribed and up to date but I get an error message when the App attempts to sync.
Developer Response ,
We regret to hear of what you are experiencing and would like to assist you further. Please contact us from within your app (Menu- Submit Feedback) referencing case #342155 so we can be in direct contact and forward immediately this issue to our Technical Support Team. Please, also provide us the email used to create your Navionics account. Plotter Sync procedure to share your routes between app and plotter is as follows: https://tinyurl.com/y8c5sgmk. Let us know if you receive any error messages.
Horrible experience with this App
Don't buy this app, its either awful or not ready yet for prime time. I bought the original App I believe two summers ago and was really happy with it. I even used it on my iPad2 when I got that. I was tempted to buy this app thinking that the user experience of the full iPad app would be better, but boy was I disappointed. The application crashes constantly while doing so, it loses your settings and waypoints that you had modified. And to top it all off, it seems massively slower than the old app running even on my old iPhone 3. Way to drop the ball, particularly for clients that already gave you money for the earlier version...
- NAVIONICS S.R.L.
- 151.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Navionics Srl a socio unico © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Navionics+ $38.99
- Caribbean & South America $28.99
- Canaries, Azores, Madeira $21.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.