Looking for solutions for challenging speech errors? Marine Team was designed by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist who specializes in hard to treat articulation disorders to help improve speech skills for kids who need high intensity speech therapy services. The target selection features allow adults to guide children through isolation and syllable level practice in a motivating, video game format. Providing practice opportunities for these foundational skills is critical to a child’s success in articulation therapy, and Marine Team’s custom exercise feature lets you work on any target! Plus, the app comes pre-loaded with 240 flashcards for /r/, /l/, and “ch”!
The video game set up moves kids through levels to help keep them engaged in practice sessions. Children can choose the character they want to play as and check out all the fish they’ve collected in past sessions. The game is driven by the adult’s decisions about whether sounds were correct or not. If you want to reinforce the production, then tap the green button and the child’s character catches the fish with fun animations! If the sound was not correct, hit the red button and watch as the character tries to catch the fish but misses. This gives them a chance to try again and improve! All of these steps have been engineered based on motor learning research to improve speech sound production—but kids just think they’re playing a video game!
Great for kids who have apraxia, cleft palate, persistent errors, or who just need more fun in the session to help keep them focused, Marine Team provides therapists with a tool to engage kids for high intensity, high repetition, drill based articulation practice. Plus, the app tracks data for you to monitor changes over time.
KEY FEATURES OF MARINE TEAM
- Articulation therapy at the isolation level for any sound via custom target selection.
- Group sessions for up to four players at a time, with different targets for each child.
- Supports word level /r/, /l/, and /ch/ with 60 flash cards for /l/ and /ch/ and over 100 flashcards for /r/, allowing you to target different variations of vocalic /r/ (more flashcards coming soon!).
- Supports custom generated lists.
- Add multiple sounds per session—load your session with multiple targets using the exercise selection feature and save them for later.
- Shuffle feature lets you add multiple word positions for a target in one session and present them at random—great for carryover of skills!
- Reinforcement via animated video game play, plus kids choose their character and collect fish.
- Data reports broken out by each sound and each player.
Download Marine Team today and make your child’s articulation therapy fun, engaging and data driven!
Exercise saving feature updated.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.