This is an extension to clip websites and download them into a readable markdown file. Please keep in mind that it is not guaranteed to work on all websites.
To use this add-on, simply click the add-on icon while you are browsing the page you want to save offline. A popup will show the rendered markdown so you can make minor edits or copy the text, or you can click the download button to download an .md file.
Selecting text will allow you to download just the selected text
## Context Menus
You can also right-click on pages, images, links and selections to copy or download snippets of Markdown.
You can also download all tabs in a window as Markdown files
## More features
Did you know MarkDownload is highly customizable? There are too many options for this description, so check out the user guide: https://publish.obsidian.md/death-au/30-39+Personal+Dev/33+Browser+Extensions/33.01+MarkDownload/Markdownload+User+Guide
- Data on all sites: used to enable "Download All Tabs" functionality - no other data is captured or sent online
- Storage: used to save extension options
- Clipboard: used to copy Markdown to clipboard
- Added a basic Obsidian integration using the [Obsidian Advanced URI](https://vinzent03.github.io/obsidian-advanced-uri/) plugin and clipboard (thanks @aancw !)
- Keep sub/sup tags so that superscript and subscript text is retained (thanks @mnaoumov !)
- Added a keyboard shortcut for copy selection as markdown (nothing by default, needs to be user-configured)
- Added a new context menu item to copy all tabs as a list of markdown links
- Updated dependencies
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, hogs CPU and RAM…
This app does as described well, but cannot save images due to Safari restrictions (apparently), and often hogs and CPU and RAM with no workaround.
Great Concept but....
Once I authorize the extension for any page, it keeps grabbing 25-30% cpu and doesn't stop even when I close the browser window.
Would love to see this implemented without the resource bug!!
Obsidian integration does not work
Installed the obsisian plugin, installed this extension, enabled the integration and all I get is downloaded .md files. Waste of money
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gordon Pedersen
- 3.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Gordon Pedersen
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.