Change the way you think about stock research. MarketSmith gives you all the tools you need to make more money in the market. It’s simplified and streamlined for modern investors.
MarketSmith is different—intuitive instead of complicated. It’s easy-to-use and, unlike other apps, you can talk to a MarketSmith product coach about features, strategies and smarter ways to find winning stocks. Download MarketSmith for a FREE trial and leave your old investing routine behind.
The MarketSmith app makes it easier and faster to:
• Growth 250 stock list uses 30 different screens to identify stocks with the best growth potential.
• Industry Group metrics track the best- and worst-performing stock groups.
• Read performance reports like Earnings Gap Up, Top-rated IPOs, Weekly New Highs, Fastest Growing Companies, Top EPS Rating Stocks and more.
• Screen for stocks using criteria of successful investors like William O'Neil and Warren Buffet.
• Jumpstart your stock research with free one-on-one live product coaching so you can maximize all of our app features.
• Detailed high-definition stock charts give constantly updated information on stocks, indexes, mutual funds and industry groups.
• Instant access to over 70 key technical and fundamental stock data points, such as earnings and sales histories, proprietary ratings, and institutional ownership data.
• Daily and weekly charts feature Earnings Per Share data at a glance, plus previous year EPS comparison with a single tap.
• Tap and hold for price tracker featuring historical earnings data, complete with snapshot percentage change over previous quarters.
• Set custom alerts to notify you if a stock you’re watching crosses into your buy zone or starts flashing sell signals.
SEE WHEN TO BUY AND SELL.
• Pattern Recognition provides color-coded zones showing optimal price ranges to take action: buy in the blue, take profits in the green and cut losses in the pink.
• Automatically finds and highlights base patterns as they form, giving data points that tell you the type of pattern, stage and pivot point.
• Integrates Growth 250 stock list with Pattern Recognition to create two premium categories: Breaking Out Today and Near Pivot (Buy) Point.
• Set alerts to be sent to your email and tablet based on pattern development.
The MarketSmith iOS app is free to download, comes with a free 7-day trial subscription and gives you unlimited access to our stock research and analysis across multiple devices—mobile, tablet, Mac and PC.
If you want to keep making more money with MarketSmith, you can subscribe to MarketSmith Premium for $149.99 per month.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before end of current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
If you have any questions about app functions or how to access to your subscription on other devices, please contact us at (800) 452-4422.
Thanks for using the MarketSmith app. Our latest update squashed some bugs and cleaned out the closets to speed things up. Please let us know if you have any problems or questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app for finding stock ideas, research, and learning chart patterns. It’s available stock criteria include everything in one place one needs to know to judge the efficacy of a trade without having to hunt all over for it. Very powerful.
The only thing I would change is making the charts more interactive to more easily zoom and move through various date ranges.
Mostly pros, couple of cons
The service is pricey but is one of the better charting services available. If you like the IBD methodology for investing... you will get some good ideas here (MarketSmith is an IBD company). Nice journal, watchlists etc. if you do not subscribe to the IBD methodology or utilize multiple styles ... the app and online offers is a strong screening tool with some prebuilt screens from a few of the well known investors with varying styles.
- quite pricey
- functionality of the app has not really been improved upon for years
- support is limited; I used IBD and MarketSmith prior to change of ownership a few years ago. Then it seemed like there were not many employees ... or just not many dedicated to support. Subsequent to the ownership change the staff seemed to be reduced with even fewer support resources. I noticed those I did reach were people with other jobs at the company. Seems like new ownership trimmed the staff and then gave those left additional duties... some support related. You make a call and get someone whose real job is not support but is being forced into it. Those I have spoken with were helpful.
At these prices... they should be enhancing the app every now and then.
Good Start to App
One major problem is that the charts show the most recent price action within the graph in the top right corner of the graph where things like the note to pivot cover up much of the price action. In either linear or log mode you cannot see some of the most recent action because of this. If the charts could be zoomed in and out, it might help the viewing.
If using both this app and the IBD app, watch lists have to be maintained separately in each app. Signing into the same account on each app should sync watch lists etc.
- MarketSmith, Incorporated
- 27.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MarketSmith, Incorporated
- In-App Purchases
- One Month $119.99
- MarketSmith Premium (1 Month) $149.99
- One Year $999.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.