Markology does two things. It lets you record your thoughts and connect them. Using these two simple actions, you can build up your own knowledge base in an organized way that promotes memory and the discovery of new connections and ideas.
Markology is inspired by the zettelkasten method of note taking. Our brains do not create strong hierarchies or group thoughts into neatly divided folders. They exist as a collection of thoughts with associative links. By recording these small thoughts and their links, you can search for ideas in Markology and surprise yourself with information you didn't realize was related.
## How to use Markology
- Start writing things down. Be as unstructured or structured as you want. Don't judge yourself, these notes are for you, so write them however you think your future self will understand them.
- When you're editing a note, tap the "Add Link" button to search for related notes to form a connection.
- Start searching! When you're searching or browsing your notes, all links to and from that note are surfaced at the top of the page, allowing you to easily skip along all your connections.
- All notes are stored as Markdown in the iCloud folder, allowing for easy import and export.
- 100% offline functionality. Search your whole knowledge base without internet.
- iCloud syncing between devices.
- Share your notes to other apps.
- No in-app purchases. Ever.
- Open source.
- Auto-focus text view in edit mode.
- Clarify confirmation messaging.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything you need and nothing you don't.
I've tried every Zettelkasten app out there. This is the best one. The other's aren't even close.
I copied all my exisitng notes (6000 ) to Markology, and Boom! it just worked. I had to convert wikilinks to Markdown links, but that's it.
Search is incredibly fast, and I can access everything on my mobile devices.
I just used MArkology doring a Q&A after a speech, found exactly what I wanted, and proposed interesting observations by recalling information from my linked notes.
Markology is the best.
Broken glitchy app full of errors and confusion
The screenshots very confusing but i figured why not give it a try maybe its a clever idea. Installed app no clue what i am doing or what to click just white screens. I tap the only buttons and magically randomly numbered items .md appear in list. No clue why so i try to delete it, I get a popup with a fire symbol already adding more confusion to the app only to get an ascii emoji error message that note can't be deleted. Finally type text in and i get random errors about saving failed to complicated folder paths. Overall i don't understand what or why developer is charging money for a half baked app/ school project that seems to be broken, hard to follow and buggy. Needs more work.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we're sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app. We appreciate your feedback and will try to make improvements.
When you first start using the app and you tap "Empty Note", you are taken to the note editing page. If you tap on the blank area of the screen you can begin typing your first note. If you save a note that is empty, that is when you will see the numbered items, which are IDs for the note files that are used by default if there is no first line of text to use as the note title.
When you delete a note, the fire emoji button is used as a confirmation of deletion. This is something we will reconsider because we do not intend to cause confusion.
As for the errors about failure to save or delete, that is unusual and we would very much like to figure out how to fix that issue. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional details and we will try to work with you to resolve the issue.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- idk Club LLC
- 2.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 idk Club LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.