TWENTY-FIVE YEARS OF AUDIO
More than 10 years before the term “podcast” was ever used, MARS HILL AUDIO launched an audio magazine. First distributed on cassette tapes, then CDs, then MP3 downloads, then streaming from a website, the MARS HILL AUDIO Journal can now be enjoyed through our free app.
Our principal product is a bimonthly audio Journal, which has become required listening for those interested in developing a deeper understanding of “contemporary culture and Christian conviction.” Hosted by Ken Myers, the Journal regularly features insightful interviews with authors, critics, artists, and other prominent thinkers.
In addition to the Journal, MARS HILL AUDIO produces audiobooks, anthologies, documentaries, and “audio reprints” from magazines and journals. All of this audio content can be streamed through the MHA app, or stored for later listening. The app also lets you search your library of audio products for names of guests and topics.
POPULAR GUESTS AND TOPICS
• Rebecca DeYoung, on the forgotten vice of vainglory
• Nicholas Carr, on automation technologies and us
• Joel Salatin, on farming practices that observe the order of Creation
• James L. Nolan, on visits to America by Alexis de Tocqueville, G. K. Chesterton, Max Weber, and Sayyid Qutb
• Gisela Kreglinger, on the spiritual meaning of wine
• R. J. Snell, on how the vice of acedia denies the being of Creation
• Dana Gioia, on the life and poetry of Gerard Manley Hopkins
• Peter Harrison, on the territories of science and religion
FREE CONTENT FOR ALL
In addition to enabling access to products you’ve purchased, the MHA app delivers regular releases of free content, including material from our 25 year-long archive, specially produced features on timely topics, and complete recordings of our Areopagus Lecture series.
HOW YOU CAN JOIN THE CONVERSATION
• Download the free MHA app
• Sign in with the e-mail address tied to your MHA account (if you don’t have one, you can create one at marshillaudio.org)
• Subscribe to the Journal or purchase individual copies and other products
• Listen to free content from the app’s home page, or
• Browse your library of back issues of the Journal and other products
• Start listening. Stop as necessary. Talk with your friends. Repeat.
WHAT LISTENERS TELL US
“Thanks for the great work on the Journal which my wife and I have enjoyed for years. We like to listen while on road trips and find ourselves frequently pausing the play back to discuss various points. It is awonderful stimulus for conversation.” — D.S., Brainerd, MN, listener since 2004
“The recent segment on Renaissance polyphonic choral music was fantastic. It opened up a new world for me.” — C.D., Indianapolis, IN, listener since 1997
“This is absolutely indispensable listening for me. I never fail to be stretched in my thinking and understanding of the issues discussed. It has been sheer pleasure to listen in on the conversations Ken has with his guests and be drawn into a world of thoughts, ideas, and issues that I would otherwise have never thought about, much less thought about well.” S.K., Canton, GA, listener since 2006
“As an undergraduate student, I welcomed each new episode of the Mars Hill Audio Journal like the discovery of a lost civilization; each issue revealing new voices and conversations to me from wise men and women I didn't know existed before. I've listened and re-listened to many of these conversations in the years since graduation and have come to count many of the Journal's guests as inspirations and guides.” — B.W., Fullerton, CA, listener since 2007
App Version label added in settings page.
Ratings and Reviews
Great resource for accessing essential content
I’ve been listening to Mars Hill Audio since 1993, so I’m delighted to have access to so many years of its valuable content. The app is straightforward and functional. In the future it would be helpful to be able to “favorite” and download the featured content as well as the Journal issues.
The best interview show out there.
Ken Myers has read everything. Well, almost. He certainly does his homework. I'm glad for his guests, but I often find that I'm equally interested in KM's questions and comments. Guests almost always remark something like "That is exactly right" or "Good question. I hadn't thought of that". I've been a fan for a long time. This new app so welcome. At last it is easier to listen (and listen again).
Listening to the bi-monthly journals and the free Friday features is like discovering a rich vein of gold in places you thought you'd mined fully. The most level headed discussions regarding the foundations (and frequent contradictions) of modern culture that I have ever found. The app itslef is laid out simply, but with all of the features you would need, and has been very stable for me. A life changing organization, and great App.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mars Hill Audio Inc.
- 28.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Mars Hill Audio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.